What was the most legendary show of all time?

It's kind of funny, That's how I felt about Blue Devils in 1982. Days before, we had just beaten SCV for the first time in Huntington, W.V. and we ( The Cadets ) (respectful snip)

You should know, Boxing Fred, that I was at that Huntingon show, and I remember everything about it. What a great show that was (all the corps in one evening is a "show" to me). It was called "Drums Across the Tri-State." In fact, I think I have the audio tape of it, converted to an MP3.

I remember Garfield absolutely ripping across the field with Rocky Point Holiday that night, and the incredible sense of disbelief I had that Garfield, a corps was good but never a contender, had actually BEAT the defending DCI champions.

Those are great, great, memories.

Thank you for bringing that show to me 28 years ago, and reminding me of it again, tonight.

Edited by wvu80

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would be:

1973 SCV

1984 Cadets

1993 Star

2002 Cadets

2008 Phantom

Sorry to add to the broken recordness of these posts, but here is mine:

1982 Blue Devils

1984 Garfield

1989 SCV

2008 Phantom

for 5th a tie between 1993 Star and 2002 Cavaliers

Didn't become a devout fan until the late 1990s, but here's mine in no particular order:

Phantom 2008

SCV 2004

Scouts 1996

Blue Devils 1992

Crown 2007 or 2008

For best top five from one year: 2004 hands down.

Top 5 for me (no particular order):

1. 2008 Phantom Regiment

2. 1993 Star of Indiana

3. 1987 Santa Clara Vanguard

4. 1995 Madison Scouts

5. 2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

Honorable Mention: INT (any year)

Great selections! I would probably have different choices on SCV and Cavies, with 2008 Phantom and 1995 Madison moving SCV and Cavies to just outside the Top 5.

Special kudos for bringing up the 1982 Blue Devils - who do not get enough love on DCP! A truly awesome corps, show, and performance - EVERY time I saw them that summer! Highest tick-system score ever! Outstanding brass charts and execution, the first of many classic Float drum lines, and the original wings on the guard. Simply outstanding!

Yeah... the '82 Devils were as smooth as paint flowing off a brush. Wonderful corps. :thumbup: