Blue Stars 2010!

After having viewed a run through by the Blue Stars for thier 2010 production-"Houdini", I can honestly say that thier awesome talent and sweet show design are not an illusion! Lots of great things to see and hear as the entire program flows together nicely! The brass has a full and rich sound, the guard is continuing the success that they've had for the past couple of years, and the biggest turn around is the percussion! All three sections of the corps combine and compliment eachother quite well. All of the hype that has been mentioned about the Blue Stars is 100% justified, in my opinion.

Great job Blue Stars! Here's to an fantastic summer as you are off to a wonderful start!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to finally see them live! Very tempted to just drive up there while theyre still in sparta...

Edited by AlexL

After having viewed a run through by the Blue Stars for thier 2010 production-"Houdini", I can honestly say that thier awesome talent and sweet show design are not an illusion! Lots of great things to see and hear as the entire program flows together nicely! The brass has a full and rich sound, the guard is continuing the success that they've had for the past couple of years, and the biggest turn around is the percussion! All three sections of the corps combine and compliment eachother quite well. All of the hype that has been mentioned about the Blue Stars is 100% justified, in my opinion.

Great job Blue Stars! Here's to an fantastic summer as you are off to a wonderful start!

What he said. I was there also. I was pretty impressed.

no practice Wednesday evening if you're thinking of coming. Corps will be dong fund-raising in La Crosse at that time. Thursday and Friday should be fine, and the corps will perform at the opening of the Freedom ride at the UW- La Crosse stadium on Saturday morning and a standstill before the fireworks at the La Crosse Loggers baseball game Saturday night..

---tom

What he said. I was there also. I was pretty impressed.

no practice Wednesday evening if you're thinking of coming. Corps will be dong fund-raising in La Crosse at that time. Thursday and Friday should be fine, and the corps will perform at the opening of the Freedom ride at the UW- La Crosse stadium on Saturday morning and a standstill before the fireworks at the La Crosse Loggers baseball game Saturday night..

---tom

I plan on going Thursday. I can't wait! If short n sour was impressed, then the sky must be falling.

I plan on going Thursday. I can't wait! If short n sour was impressed, then the sky must be falling.

I believe Thursday is laundry day, so the corps will be gone after 4. I will try to confirm that by tonight.

Edited by sdstar

I believe Thursday is laundry day, so the corps will be gone after 4. I will try to confirm that by tonight.

Schedule is a bit in the air, but there will be no evening ensemble block.