Cavaliers in trouble early?

If the first regional has the Cavaliers in 6th or 7th place, then you can start a thread like this . . .otherwise, now we're just flailing about pretty wildly based on one set of scores that mean nothing.

Furthermore, if the show entertains you, who cares what the score is?

THANK YOU!!!! :devil: :devil: :thumbup:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm... the Cavaliers improved 1 point in like 2 hours...

They are going to score over 9000 by the time finals week rolls around.

I think if they'd have let us go 2 or 3 more rounds last night we'd have had 'em!

Somebody is sitting back snickering that he got all these responses for one silly post. Next, of course, is the "Will the late start from the other corps that weren't there last night hurt them in August?" string.

I knew someone would start this thread....look at what happened in 2007:

June 16: Annapolis, MD

1 The Cavaliers 73.900

2 Bluecoats 71.600

3 The Cadets 70.700

4 Carolina Crown 70.350

5 Glassmen 61.850

6 Spirit from JSU 60.900

Now look at where everyone ended up on finals night.

No explanation needed. The truth is we do not know what's going to happen. The Cavaliers could be a champion this year....

You make an extremely good point. I couldn't agree with you anymore! I actually predict that the cavies will beat the cadets tonight... but im not 100% on it so don't quote me lol!

I am absolutley stunned. An incomplete show? When did this become the norm and acceptable? The unjudged intro is always finished but the show isn't.

Crown's missing around 1:30 of their show too and they're way ahead of both Cavaliers and Cadets.

Cavies are simply dirtier right now.

It's a tribute to The Cavaliers' history of excellence that people are starting to think they are "in trouble."

Just like how 2007 and 2009 were "bad years" for them. I can think of HUNDREDS of marchers who would LOVE to have that kind of a "bad year."

PS - They are not in trouble. They have a full corps, a great instructional staff, incredible volunteers, one of the best fan bases in the activity, and some of the most loyal alumni out there. There's no way that is "in trouble."

Edited by Room_101

It's one show into the season, dude. They'll be just fine.

Exactly- Cavies live and die on the excellence levels of their performance- it really defines them. They've set the bar so high for pristine visual performace they end up being judged against their past achievements.

they have a whole seasopn to clean and make adjustments, and when the show settles in and starts to pop people's eyeballs visually like they know they can do, they should be in very good shape.

Believe me, Crown isn't sitting back and taking a breather because they won this show. In the spot they're in, you keep runnin', run some more, and when you stop, you get up and still keep runnin'! Everyone else will dog them hard until they can catch them. :devil:

i typically like cavies shows that aren't popular with the masses a lot more than the ones that are...almost always, the music is more to my liking, and I don't care that much about visual.

looking forward to this one a lot now