Carolina Crown MMX

Same here just heard the Normal show... Gotta say I am a bit disappointed with the ending....

Seems to me there will be a re-write of that down the line... That is definitely not strong enough from a Visual/ Musical Demand Standpoint to Win DCI IMO.

Doesn't grab me as much as the Mahler right before it. I get the multiple endings, but none of them are really strong enough to stand-alone.

Here's hoping they have a new ending in by Atlanta.

Edited by Glenn426

I finally just sat down and watched Crown on FN and I only have one thing to say...

OMG! This is June?

Holy Crap. Haven't seen any west coast but, so far, this is my favorite show, by far, and for right now.

Seeing them move in tonight and watching their practice and clinic tomorrow in Dublin. I just can't wait to watch rehearsal of this show.

I was hoping that the surprise "second chance" ending would have been Stormworks. :thumbup:

Wow I hated that show. :tongue:

I saw an earlier post of two holes being filled, but I see four holes in the company front. What's being filled and what's still missing?

I love long chord holds to allow the full force of the horns come into the stands, but the ending is, what, 16 bars of holding the same chord? I gotta think that Matt has some great harmonics in mind for half of that ending.

I agree that they need to get into that Latin groove, but I love the ending to the piece, and I sense the kids want to let that rip. I can't help but wonder if they're being held back for now.

I saw an earlier post of two holes being filled, but I see four holes in the company front. What's being filled and what's still missing?

I love long chord holds to allow the full force of the horns come into the stands, but the ending is, what, 16 bars of holding the same chord? I gotta think that Matt has some great harmonics in mind for half of that ending.

I agree that they need to get into that Latin groove, but I love the ending to the piece, and I sense the kids want to let that rip. I can't help but wonder if they're being held back for now.

Holes are being learned...they just haven't had the chance to learn ALL the drill...in time!!

And the closer is Rachmaninov 2nd Piano Concerto Mvt. 3 the last minute or so. The music Crown is playing is VERY close to the source music and I hope they keep it that way!

They'll let the kids loose as soon as they have a few more reps under their feet! I remember feeling the same way early season about Cavies 007 show! They felt held back for a majority of the season! Just wait a week or two and you'll hear them jam!

yeah, I had the same feeling. I've played the piece before in college orchestras, and it's a great piece where you can have a little fun with it, and let the groove take over, and I can really feel that from this show, the kids want to do it, but I think once they solidify the show, it will happen more. Even when they get to the end of it, you can tell that the kids want to let loose, but maybe the staff told them to hold back, and not go for the full on park n' blow ala Madison '08? Besides that, I like this show. It does seem safe to me, but musically, I love it. Just wish the ending would have been done to Mahler's 2nd..... With that hornline..... :thumbup: