Favorite Endings

Phantom 06. Chevron = Awesome!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so most of mine have been named, but I'll give my top 5

5) SCV '88- The dissapearing act to this day both with the chair and the corps is just awesome!! I may be in the minority that thought the SCV Phantom show was better in '88 than in '09!!

4) Phantom '91- Danse Bachinaale (sorry speling) was just amazing anyway. but I love the drill leading to the end, then the free for all hats flying, @alls to the wall sound and Drum Major screaming to the heavens!! Just incredible.

3) Star 91- Agree that maybe the best move in any Star show was the Cross then crazy line shifting drill, hair flying mello licks to a flipped Cross, OMG :blink::thumbup::thumbup: I am still not worthy to watch!

2) Phantom '08- I think Sparticus is most likely the best pure drum corps show of all time. The theatrical presentation and music were great, but all summer I kept thinking "That ending needs to be spiced up, more excitement!" Shows me what I know. The whole stabbing the major and running the final moments while playing perfectly was stunning and creative!

1) Madison '88- Mello Solo to the end- Best pure drum corps EVER!!! The spinning hornline whipping into the wedge---WOW---- Then to this day how that wedge broke apart is still the coolest thing I have ever seen in drum corps, still don't know how they did it!! Then the guy on the sideline jumping in pure excitement follwed by the loudest videoed Crowd Response Ever--- Makes Madison the BEST DCI ENDING PERIOD!!!! I'll drink to that!:thumbup:

Wes P

BK '97 '98

For me it was the first show I ever saw (on PBS)...Madison Scouts 1988 - HOLY CRAP!!!

Maybe part of it was the camera angles on tv, but I just rewatched it on the site that shall not be named and from about 10:30 on the show just built up more and more until the last chords. Wow, it still pumps me up...

Edited by ajlemm

I can't leave it at just one...

Also Phantom Regiment 2008. I just got goosebumps thinking about it!

The 2nd drum major running over after shouting "I am Spartacus" and jumping over equipment before plunging the spear in to the "Emperor's" side, then taking over and finishing the show...awesome...just awesome.

Garfield 1984 - Great ending to the greatest show ever.

BD 1988 - Sauntering off the field with unbeleivable grace and style after perhaps the greatest brass performance of all time.

SCV 1990 - Carmen from the tunnel - very cool. One of my favorite SCV shows ever and highly underrated IMHO.

SCV 1984 - They gave us a hint of things to come with a soft ending to App. Spring in 83, but The Tender Land in 84 was off the charts fantastic. What a great year - 84 is my favorite drum corps year ever.

Star 1991 - wow.

Edited by jwscv87

Ok so most of mine have been named, but I'll give my top 5

5) SCV '88- The dissapearing act to this day both with the chair and the corps is just awesome!! I may be in the minority that thought the SCV Phantom show was better in '88 than in '09!!

4) Phantom '91- Danse Bachinaale (sorry speling) was just amazing anyway. but I love the drill leading to the end, then the free for all hats flying, @alls to the wall sound and Drum Major screaming to the heavens!! Just incredible.

3) Star 91- Agree that maybe the best move in any Star show was the Cross then crazy line shifting drill, hair flying mello licks to a flipped Cross, OMG :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I am still not worthy to watch!

2) Phantom '08- I think Sparticus is most likely the best pure drum corps show of all time. The theatrical presentation and music were great, but all summer I kept thinking "That ending needs to be spiced up, more excitement!" Shows me what I know. The whole stabbing the major and running the final moments while playing perfectly was stunning and creative!

1) Madison '88- Mello Solo to the end- Best pure drum corps EVER!!! The spinning hornline whipping into the wedge---WOW---- Then to this day how that wedge broke apart is still the coolest thing I have ever seen in drum corps, still don't know how they did it!! Then the guy on the sideline jumping in pure excitement follwed by the loudest videoed Crowd Response Ever--- Makes Madison the BEST DCI ENDING PERIOD!!!! I'll drink to that!:thumbup:

Wes P

BK '97 '98

This! :blink:

The ending of 08 Regiment is the DEFINITION of an epic ending!

100 percent agree. Absolutely awesome.

Garfield 1984 - Great ending to the greatest show ever.

BD 1988 - Sauntering off the field with unbeleivable grace and style after perhaps the greatest brass performance of all time.

SCV 1990 - Carmen from the tunnel - very cool. One of my favorite SCV shows ever and highly underrated IMHO.

SCV 1984 - They gave us a hint of things to come with a soft ending to App. Spring in 83, but The Tender Land in 84 was off the charts fantastic. What a great year - 84 is my favorite drum corps year ever.

Star 1991 - wow.

I like ALL the endings Mr. JW - Santa Clara Vanguard marched in. (check his sig for all the years) :thumbup:

Other than that, the Garfield Cadets Z-pull was the classic "best ever" ending.

I know that was a long time ago. You had to be there.