Why Blue Devils Win

you'd lose...it's tough to beat him in an argument :tongue:

it has nothing to do with like or not like or appreciate or notr appreciate. he nails it on the head when it comes to displaying simultaneous repsonsibilities. they do the bare minimum, yet get max credit. this is where I think most people get mad and say the shows are easy.

are they? no. but rarely do they have thick musical passages while moving ( as opposed to many other corps that do), and even sustained loud passages arent on the fly...sure it's tough to add in body under them, but it's tougher to move during them.

this is why i think you have the demand argument. yes they have music demand and they have visual demand...but rarely do you have both.

there i think I just summed up the whole demand debate.

they have it in both areas, but not at the same time like others.

Jeff, Audiodb is smart, and very insightful, probably in the top five of total posters in the way he presents his ideas and the knowledge to back them up. Hes never rude or condascending in any way.

Should I want to..I could completely debate his post and offer the exact opposite in regards to how demand relates to the Blue Devils...its in the eye of the beholder, hence the debate and the polarizing of the community. Bottom line: you either like it and appreciate it or you dont.........Its ok, not everyone os going to like everything. That would be pretty boring and void of free thinking.

To say 2010 BLue Devils lack extreme demand is doing a disservice to the assumnption that the person saying it has any knowledge or wisdon regarding drum & Bugle corps.

G

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe someone already brought this up (thread was tl;dr), but you're not serious about this, right? I lol'd pretty hard.
QUOTE (vferrera @ Jul 11 2010, 05:28 PM)

Every year, BD picks the most talented and attractive performers in drum corps.

Have you SEEN their guard??

:tongue::tongue::thumbup:

Edited by garfield

not really, the numbers and achievements speak for themselves.

Thats all that is needed to say on that point.

Lol If that were they case why are BD fans and parents on here complaining about fans booing and golf clapping and not responding. Sorry the whole "it all about the numbers" argument falls a little flat.

Read my posts and show me where I said they don't have demand! I was disagreeing with your assertion that everyone in this thread just hates BD -- its a load of baloney. I'm no hater of BD. I *do* think they get way too much credit for "Excellence as Effect" on both effect sheets. I also think they've made their own bed with regard to the audience and now they have lie in it. If winning makes all that golf clapping and hand-sitting go away -- great for them. I wouldn't want to see my kid get booed.

But you're WAY out of the ballpark saying I don't like or resent them or have a grudge against them. Again -- please show the posts here on DCP to support your assertion.

As for Crown going in the same direction I think WRT to their music book that's ridiculous. There's no comparison between BDs arranging style and CCs arranging style. You may be correct that there are aspects of Crown's design that some may compare to BD (this season) but they're not in the music book (which is where you *will* find me being critical on DCP).

In regards to Crown, I was giving them a compliment in a round-a-bout way by meaning becoming successfull....they too will become the target on many persons radar the more they achieve and will be unfairly ridiculed and such.

G

Here's a little something to cool the nerves, or perhaps fan the flames. Note the varied feels in accompanying music. And enjoy.

Listen to the beginning banter as well. Quite entertaining.

Click play after you get to this site.

Frank!

Perhaps this contributes to why.

Edited by Mellofello01

In regards to Crown, I was giving them a compliment in a round-a-bout way by meaning becoming successfull....they too will become the target on many persons radar the more they achieve and will be unfairly ridiculed and such.

There's certainly truth in that. Guys at the top are always a target.

But it doesn't relate to my posts on BD at all. I think *most* of the posts in this thread are *not* unfair ridicule. And I think dismissing all those posters as "haters" is equally ridiculous.

Edited by corpsband

Just call it what it is......POLITICS! Watch a Cadets Practice one time! Lets see The BD one time do a demanding show like that and they will fall on their face. DCI needs to start giving credit for demand!

They do, there is more to drill, and movement and visual than just moving fast. I think cadets sometimes look frantic and disjointed as things can look fast but very sloppy. I guess it just depends what you prefer. I might say that cadets moving fast is easier in the long run because their style of marching hides a lot of form problems and feet issues.

They do, there is more to drill, and movement and visual than just moving fast. I think cadets sometimes look frantic and disjointed as things can look fast but very sloppy. I guess it just depends what you prefer. I might say that cadets moving fast is easier in the long run because their style of marching hides a lot of form problems and feet issues.

Uhmm....

White pants hide nothing. I don't care what your marching style is.

No. What I'm saying is that if you have A and B, you don't need C. Design is over-rated. Performance trumps all.

If this is so obvious, why do the corps with better design get beat by BD every year?

Better design is just your opinion. I don't think any corps has has better design over the last few years.