Allentown

Interesting Tweet from gregbrock: Hear the scores from Allentown. Listen to this Crowd give Crown some serious love! http://tmic.fm/rkkte50rh6e

He recorded the score announcements and the crowd response. Sound like they LOVE Crown in Allentown!

And sincere congrats to the Cavies and BD! It's gonna be an interesting 8 days!!!

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing the spreads at the top narrow a little bit is expected. Judges need room for next week. While I'd love to see some last minute drama, I still think BD will win next Saturday by a point, at least.

I agree. I think the inevitable gap closes to maybe as low as 5-7 tenths... but BD wins next Saturday by over a point as well.

Here is the recent ( since 1990 ) history of point win spreads by the winner the Blue Devils will be attempting to best :

2002 Cavaliers....... won by 1.85 pts

2003 BD ................won by 1.55 pts.

2009 BD................. won by..1.55 pts

2005 Cadets............won by...1.525 pts

( the largest Title win spread margins in DCI history are 1973 SCV ... 2.5 pts/ and 1976 BD ...2.00 pts )

Edited by BRASSO

Wow. Blue Devils live is just amazing. Nobody is gonna touch them.

G

You saw them live tonight- correct? Not going to wait to see tomorrow's lineup to make that pronouncement?

Seeing the spreads at the top narrow a little bit is expected. Judges need room for next week. While I'd love to see some last minute drama, I still think BD will win next Saturday by a point, at least.

It can be closer than a point if other corps can take some captions from BD. Let's pretend that tonight's caption scores are comparable across 2 shows...

Cadets over BD: brass

Cavies over BD: percussion

Bluecoats over BD: music effect, brass, percussion

My conclusion is that BD is vulnerable in all the music captions, and conceivably could finish 3rd in brass & percussion. That's going to bring down the spread.

I sat some what close to the field tonight. Crown got hosed, best performance all year. Cavies lacke energy and intensity the first 1/3 of their performance. As good as BD was (And I am a '10 BD koolaid drinker) I saw feet issues (individually). Phasing mostly, but it was noticeable. Some off by as much as a half count

It all comes down to who judges next week on how close it will be. In Lawrence tonight, they had about 3-4 judges and Allentown had 2-3 who will more than likely not be judging during championship week. I'm taking these scores in both places (PA and MA) partly to heart. All you have to do is follow certain judges throughout the year in a particular caption to get a feel of what the spread will be like. I'm not talking favoritism here, as one year a judge may love a particular corps, and another year they may be more critical of that same corps. It just really becomes predictable after awhile. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bluecoats score between 95.0 to 95.5 tomorrow night.

Scores and spreads rarely surprise me during championship week which in all essence is kind of sad on just how predictable it all is. Not even 2008's results surprised me based on who was judging that final night. Even if BD is the odds on favorite next week, if they see someone like Griffin, Harper, or Pippitone during finals, they won't be breaking any records.

I know the answer, but can you explain how one GE vis judge gives Crown an 18.80 and the other gives an 18.00? IN-EX-CUSE-ABLE!!!!!!!!!

Easy.....She who should not be named was judging and she's worse than an advocate judge on the 9th circuit. At least she's not afraid to put up a number no matter how wacko it is.

I sat some what close to the field tonight. Crown got hosed, best performance all year. Cavies lacke energy and intensity the first 1/3 of their performance. As good as BD was (And I am a '10 BD koolaid drinker) I saw feet issues (individually). Phasing mostly, but it was noticeable. Some off by as much as a half count

Agree with on you on the BD observation. They were way more errors (visually) than I expected to see. More on BD later.

I didn't think the cavies lacked energy (but I don't have last nights show to compare like you do). I did think cavies were shockingly dirty for the cavies (in music and vis).

Crown had their best run of season and cleaned up a lot of timing errors. That said the show has *way* too much exposure musically -- it's just an invitation to *find* errors. The design has several moments where it relies soley on excellence to generate effect in (which is risky if you don't pull it off). Guard run was pretty darn good. They are really shining.

Agree with on you on the BD observation. They were way more errors (visually) than I expected to see. More on BD later.

I didn't think the cavies lacked energy (but I don't have last nights show to compare like you do). I did think cavies were shockingly dirty for the cavies (in music and vis).

Crown had their best run of season and cleaned up a lot of timing errors. That said the show has *way* too much exposure musically -- it's just an invitation to *find* errors. The design has several moments where it relies soley on excellence to generate effect in (which is risky if you don't pull it off). Guard run was pretty darn good. They are really shining.

Guard was outstanding tonight......this Crown show is excellent..review to follow, sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Crown should have beaten Cavaliers

G