The Kids work hard, but I still don't like it.

heck, I never played football. but I still have an opinion about that !

G

and we disagree there too :thumbup:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I marched I just don't have it listed in my profile or signature for various reasons.

I never saw a drum corps show live until 2000, but I've seen enough videos of the 70s and 80s and 90s to know that I find the majority of the old stuff (lets say pre-1990) terribly boring and not very entertaining with very few exceptions. I enjoy shows today much more than old shows.

Also, you need to cut back on the condescension towards people who haven't marched. Marching has nothing to do with whether or not you find shows entertaining which is what people are talking about in this thread.

That's the problem with Drum Corps.....video does not do it justice. Unless you experienced those shows in person your frame of reference is not as valid as someone that was there when it comes to the audio aspect and somewhat the visual (depends on where the camera was pointing).

heck, I never played football. but I still have an opinion about that !

G

Wow, isn't that Jayjay's comeback ?

:thumbup:

That's the problem with Drum Corps.....video does not do it justice. Unless you experienced those shows in person your frame of reference is not as valid as someone that was there when it comes to the audio aspect and somewhat the visual (depends on where the camera was pointing).

No video can ever replicate "Live...from Sacramento....the FREELANCERS !!!!!!!!"

G

I enjoy videos from the 90s and I wasn't there.

I enjoy videos of shows I never saw in the 00s.

I enjoy videos of a very select group from the 80s.

I don't enjoy videos of most shows from the 80s or earlier. While the live experience might have helped somewhat, I doubt it would bring it up to the level of enjoyment I get out of a typical drum corps show today.

snip nonsense

To quote a far better writer than you:

Mr. TooMello, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Loud is not always good.

Either is audience opinion but everyone wants the popular one to win.

But if that is all you want (loud and entertaining)... I present your next DCI Champion:

Loud and the crowd loves em.

Edited by CloudHype