The Kids work hard, but I still don't like it.

Please point me to all the outstanding threads you've personally started in a effort to stimulate positive discussion on DCP.

I'll wait.

Oh right; I only have to personally start an "outstanding thread" to make all of this other crap go away... :thumbup:

By the way, thanks for letting this pointless drivel (referring to the OP, but I'm sure you can include my contributions to this thread) exist here.

Edited by perc2100

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brass is not as loud toady as it used to be. Simply not true.

G

There isn't a horn line today that even comes close in volume to the Madison & Spirit hornlines of the late '70's & early '80's.

i'm gonna have to disagree with ya about Dino friendly John.

signed the guy who yelled at the dinos that yelled at your kids

Well, there's no reasoning with you, Jeff :)

And please don't yell at those dinos...we love them. Didn't you see our staff waving at him when he did it? That whole scene made my night. I just wish I'd been on the field and not in the box when it happened...

If you wanted to start positive discussion about anything, then it wouldn't be an internet forum!!!!!

Sorry, had to say it :thumbup:

Zing!

It's funny because it's true.

I guess to counter what you replied to, I've actually had PLENTY of conversations with DCI judges, show designers, caption heads, techs, members, a corps director or two, a few corps board members, etc. in the past couple of months since the season started. I agree with others that this drivel (DCP) is comparable to The Enquirer and other tabloid fodder. It's entertaining at times, and there are sometimes intelligent thoughts (even MANY I disagree with personally, but intelligent and professional none-the-less), and contain news. But it really is nothing more than a BS way to waste time.

There isn't a horn line today that even comes close in volume to the Madison & Spirit hornlines of the late '70's & early '80's.

You're probably right. I mean, I can't imagine you are letting bias against YOUR OWN CORPRS/ERA to cloud your judgement... :thumbup:

Zing!

It's funny because it's true.

I guess to counter what you replied to, I've actually had PLENTY of conversations with DCI judges, show designers, caption heads, techs, members, a corps director or two, a few corps board members, etc. in the past couple of months since the season started. I agree with others that this drivel (DCP) is comparable to The Enquirer and other tabloid fodder. It's entertaining at times, and there are sometimes intelligent thoughts (even MANY I disagree with personally, but intelligent and professional none-the-less), and contain news. But it really is nothing more than a BS way to waste time.

At least it's fun!!!!!!

I completely agree. On the other hand, there isn't a single hornline from the 70's that could keep up with the worst lines in world class today in terms of tone quality, intonation, and musicality.

My point was that the show has all that and guitars. Some people love the guitars, some don't. Either one is fine with me. My point was that the show is essentially 80's inspired music design with 2010 forward-thinking sprinkles on top.

You are cordially invited to enjoy it or hate it. If we move you in either direction, we've won.

how does being hated win? it could lead to less money