Quarterfinals Open Thread

And for anyone who finds something wrong with my post, please, tell me using actual evidence. I don't want to just have someone say I'm wrong, I want someone to prove it, and use actual evidence. Saying something means nothing if you don't have the proof to back it up. Thanks.

...evidence to prove your opinion is right, wrong, or inappropriate? :lol: How does that work?

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't new, actually.

In fact, last year it was a 97.95 at quarters.

And we all saw the discontent from that. I believe I heard booing from where I was on the field, so I think if they go higher this year and break a record, I think we will see more of the same this year

...evidence to prove your opinion is right, wrong, or inappropriate? :lol: How does that work?

Any and all of the above. I've seen too many people just say someone else is wrong with nothing to back it up. Just wrong. I would like evidence if someone really thinks I'm wrong. Opinions seem to be brushed away here as unimportant, which is a big problem.

Edited by fsubone

I finally understand Crown's show. It took a lot of viewings, but in just watching the guard, I get it now. It's not about a second chance at winning at all, if you really watch it and pay attention, you will see that (I know this will sound corny), but it's more about a second chance at love. If you know the back-story to last year's ending, Peter runs back to his own life, having to leave Tinkerbell behind in the fantasy world. Now fast forward to this show. Same character as before, and at the beginning of the show, with the Mahler, it's the fight between the two lovers, ending with the male lead striking down the female lead. Transition into the next part and Danzon, and it's her search for new love. Go to Nimrod, and she's found a new love, but still is conflicted about her old love. Enter again the Mahler Resurrection, and it's the fight between her two potential new lovers. We reach the first ending, and she chooses wrong, going back to her old love. The show rewinds, and she goes to the other love, with the Promise of Living playing signaling her right choice. But the real twist is that Promise of Living also signals Peter returning to claim his love, and the two go off into their own world. See, it makes sense now?

Other than the twist at the end, yes. :lol:

EDIT: Slow on the draw on the 2nd half of my post, I got beat.

Edited by aNiMaL

Other than the twist at the end, yes. :lol:

Hmm, what do you think about the ending? I'm excited to hear other thoughts, that's just what I got out of it.

Hmm, what do you think about the ending? I'm excited to hear other thoughts, that's just what I got out of it.

I love the ending, I know most people here still hates it, but It finally connects both shows, and It makes the Promise of living and the drill all make since.

I finally understand Crown's show. It took a lot of viewings, but in just watching the guard, I get it now ... [206 words later] ... See, it makes sense now?

There have been more than a few comments over the summer arguing that (1) if a show can't be understood on one viewing, then it's a failure; and (2) if a show needs more than a couple short sentences to explain, then it's a failure. How do you feel about those propositions?

I love the ending, I know most people here still hates it, but It finally connects both shows, and It makes the Promise of living and the drill all make since.

yeah, I love the new ending, I'm a huge Copland fan though, and a Crown fan, so I'm happy. :lol:

I do also really like that they did tie together the two shows. Really brings more of a close to both of them, and really brings out the Second Chance theme.

I finally understand Crown's show. It took a lot of viewings, but in just watching the guard, I get it now. It's not about a second chance at winning at all, if you really watch it and pay attention, you will see that (I know this will sound corny), but it's more about a second chance at love. If you know the back-story to last year's ending, Peter runs back to his own life, having to leave Tinkerbell behind in the fantasy world. Now fast forward to this show. Same character as before, and at the beginning of the show, with the Mahler, it's the fight between the two lovers, ending with the male lead striking down the female lead. Transition into the next part and Danzon, and it's her search for new love. Go to Nimrod, and she's found a new love, but still is conflicted about her old love. Enter again the Mahler Resurrection, and it's the fight between her two potential new lovers. We reach the first ending, and she chooses wrong, going back to her old love. The show rewinds, and she goes to the other love, with the Promise of Living playing signaling her right choice. But the real twist is that Promise of Living also signals Peter returning to claim his love, and the two go off into their own world. See, it makes sense now?

Wow! What a great analysis of Crown's show!! I admittedly have not gotten a good "read" of their show from the Fan Network, but reading this makes their show makes a lot more sense to me. Very cool!

Cavaliers: Wow, this show is just something else. I love everything about it, the visual, the music, the concept, all of it. Quick question though, was their drumline playing concert snares at one point? Sure looked like it.

They're playing a Yamaha snare commonly referred to as a "shorty." It's a snare that has a similar width as a normal marching snare (14 inches) while being about 3 inches shorter in depth. Typically the snares are used for indoor/WGI shows. Cavaliers are using them with mylar heads to get a different timbre/color from the snare line. Or, as percussion director Mike McIntosh puts it, they're playing on mylar heads to "bring back the sexy." :lol:

Here's a link on Yamaha's page that describes the specs and logic behind the drum design: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/Conten...l?CNTID=5123416