Madison Scouts 2011

I love Madison. Their show should definitely not be in 10th.

Edited by DCIfan90
  • Like 3

A lot of closeness in scoring overall, 8th maybe out of reach but 9th certainly isn't, we gotta all put together our best good luck charms and believe that the GE will pull up a bit and the Horns and Guard will pull us through BK in the end. COME ON TIME TO RALLY!!!!!

Exactly where & how do you see improvement compared to last year?

I'll chime in here. I got to see Madison four times this summer. They've

improved across the board from 2010. More mature sounding horn line, better

ensemble blend, better lead sops (sorry, trumpets), better Color Guard, better

drum line (that is playing a much meatier book) and better marching. But, many

other Corps have also stepped up their game, so we could still end up in 10th.

Sometimes reality is tough to accept - that maybe other Corps are just simply

better than ours right now - but we keep building the program, never giving up,

shake off the frustration and try harder...eventually it will pay off.

Rome wasn't built in two seasons.

And more importantly, they have won the hearts of the crowds all over the country!

Don't dismiss the power of that fact. That is how they will attract more and more talent!

I swear, the next person I hear bash Scouts for this show being too patriotic...imma slap em'. This show strikes a chord for me, given my 9/11 experience. It is played well and sparks emotion from the audience. It was awesome and (this being my 1st in-person viewing) drew tears. I cant wait for 2 more viewings

I swear, the next person I hear bash Scouts for this show being too patriotic...imma slap em'. This show strikes a chord for me, given my 9/11 experience. It is played well and sparks emotion from the audience. It was awesome and (this being my 1st in-person viewing) drew tears. I cant wait for 2 more viewings

So what does Madison do at finals? I mean they must have something planned for the end of the show, right? The ending still leaves me wanting something different. How about a few bars of "America" with the color guard all carrying American flags? Or, the guard unrolls a huge American flag across the entire field?

Does Roger Carter still work with the drumline?

So what does Madison do at finals? I mean they must have something planned for the end of the show, right? The ending still leaves me wanting something different. How about a few bars of "America" with the color guard all carrying American flags? Or, the guard unrolls a huge American flag across the entire field?

My only complaint with the closer is that they end in a scatter formation.

I think a simple, but very effective solution would be for them to come

back together into a huge company front right down on the front sideline and proceed

to blow the house down with that final unison note...and hold it out longer, like

in the 97 show! By the way, I did notice that they added 4 more counts to it already,

which makes a big difference.

Does Roger Carter still work with the drumline?

Nope. He was on the drum staff from 07-09.

Currently the drum staff is: Thom Hannum, Nick Angelis, Brian Perez,

and Jeff Queen.

Dang, BK is on fire! It's going to be an interesting couple of days! GO SCOUTS!

• Like 1

Scouts peaked too early, BK and Boston didn't, that's why Scouts are in 10th. Examine the scores over past few weeks. BK and Boston steadily improve while Scouts remained stagnant, prime example of a corps maxing out end of July.

• Like 2