Madison Scouts 2011

This year I have seen the show live, on fan network and last night in a theatre in St Louis. Every show has given me goosebumps and tears. My son, an 08 & 09 sop watched it in Columbia with the same reaction. Both theatres were full, both theatres were quiet, with polite applause - till the Men of Madison stepped on the field. Both theatres erupted in cheers beforehand and both theatres gave a standing ovation at the end of their show.

If the Scouts' objective is to please the numerous drum corps fans around the country who support this activity, they have succeeded.

If the Scouts' objective is to impress the judges -not so much....... When the corps below increased by 4 and 5 points, and BK increased by a couple and the Scouts stayed flat many questions come to mind.

For my own sanity, and since I really do not understand how judges interperet and score each corp, I choose to step back and just enjoy the effort and talent these young men put on the field night after night.

Every member of every corp works hard to give us the best show they possibly can, and I thank you all for this year's entertainment.

Thank you Madison Scouts for a season and a job well done. Now bring down the house these next two nights.

• Like 2

Thank you Madison. You were well worth the $18.00 that I spent last night. I really don't care where you finish, the theatre crowd was going crazy a few times during your show. The only other corps that even came close to that kind of reaction was Crown. WE are paying to be entertained not the guys in the green shirts so thanks you keeping us first.

Scouts peaked too early, BK and Boston didn't, that's why Scouts are in 10th. Examine the scores over past few weeks. BK and Boston steadily improve while Scouts remained stagnant, prime example of a corps maxing out end of July.

I agree that BK and Boston have improved a lot over the past 3 weeks BUT so has Madison.

The scores and the judging have certainly remained stagnant but the Scouts haven't.

10th place my ### is all I have to say. Yes I'm a homer but have also been to championships since the 60's,

have seen a lot of drum corps.

• Like 2

I want to wish our Champlin boy's well, Jacob, Josh, Dan. Kick some # # # this weekend. We are proud of you. Your show is fabulous.

Go SCOUTS ! ! !

Go get 'em tonight Scouts....tear the retractable roof off that Oil Can!

Drums are really hurting there score. Finishing 14th in any caption would make it pretty hard for the Corps score to rise. Lets hope drums have a good show tonight and tomorrow.

• Like 1

Drums are really hurting there score. Finishing 14th in any caption would make it pretty hard for the Corps score to rise. Lets hope drums have a good show tonight and tomorrow.

Yeah, that's been a rough spot. But last night, at least to my admittedly

untrained eyes and ears, they seemed much cleaner than earlier in the season,

and didn't seem to be any less clean than the Corps around them.

That said, go Scouts drum line. Crank it up!

Wow, just got done watching the Scouts perform. Bravo, an absolutely amazing show!!! I hope it was as wonderful live as it looked on the Fan Network!

Scouts brought it - they can be very proud!

• Like 1

I love Madison. Their show should definitely not be in 10th.

Wow, -5 on this post in the Madion thread?

Edited by DCIfan90