Finals 2014

This is crap. EVERYONE ($1 to unmentionable) knows that Facebook is the only accurate determinant of popularity and success available on the internets.

(And STILL looking for that sarcasm emoty)

Here ya go; btw I'm not on facebook :tongue:

ngvdqg.gif

I did a quick google, fly from here to Madison. What a variety! From 5 1/2 to 15 hours elasped time via Chicago/Denver/Minneapolis or Seattle/Denver or San Francisco/Minneapolis or Toronto/Chicago or Chicago or Denver. Too funny. btw we took off for Indy at 10:15 and landed at 19:45 with 1 connecting flight. I like west; less jet lag; more time to shop and visit :-)

My vote would be for Denver.

:tongue::thumbup: to Denver

or Madison

And i live on the east coast....

My vote would be for Denver.

I'll second that.

I've been told it will most likely be Madison, with the possibility of going to Denver a slim second. I'm pretty sure the decision has already been made, but nothing has been formalized yet.

I hope it ends up being Denver instead of Madison. While i do dig Madison and it's history I feel that INVESCO Field for finals would be a HUGE welcomed change by the masses.

Edited by Zeke

San Jose is the largest city in the entire SF Bay Area with close to 1M, and Santa Clara is just west of it. San Jose International would be 5-10 minutes away from the stadium. When you go from San Jose to San Francisco along the peninsula, prices for things go higher. San Francisco is undoubtedly one of the finest tourist destinations in all the world, but if you have everything there, you miss out on the rest of what the entire region has to offer. There is plenty of transit in the form of Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority, Cal Train, & BART to take you to San Francisco (unless you really, really, want to experience driving in California traffic). By being in the South Bay, you can expect to be central, not only to San Francisco & Napa, but to Santa Cruz and Monterey as well.

Not a hot destination but...

The housing should be more accommodating in Fresno and surrounding communities and the school's stadium seats over 40,000.

Although it is a three hour drive from the major airports (San Francisco and Sacramento).

of course it HAS to be the year after I age-out.. even WITH my bonus year -.-"

I would be cool with Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego

Edited by Impuls!vebari

How about McKay Stadium at UNR?

West coast, good sized stadium, lots to do around town....maybe even some for the kids. :tongue:

Why not Knoxville? UT's stadium is nice.....but I just want to be 45 miles away lol.

However I wouldnt mind if Finals switched between Camp Randall and Denver every other year. No more LOS.....or domes in general

I would like to see Gillette just for personal convenience. Parking costs would have to be negotiated although you can take a train there from Boston. They have one for Pats games. Madison is good; always was. Denver is nice too. For the poster who wants drum corps and only drum corps and no local sights some people do make a vacation out of it so if you were in east overshoe it would kind of stink (Does State College, PA work for you?). If you want the show only..good for you..not for me. I want a little something else. The beer garden in Montreal was pretty fun (dating myself). Here's some criteria;

Venue holds upwards of 40,000 judging side that means a stadium in the 80,000 seat range.

If no roof, the venue should be in a location that typically is dry that time of year. How's Northern CA snd Pac Northwest?

Ideally 90 degrees max in the day 70's at night low to 65 even would be ok. So much for the deep south

Enough schools in the surrounding area that can house all Open and World Class corp. Particularly World class corps with 150 members and 75 plus support staff. Got to be some pretty big schools. Kind of creates problems for the east overshoe guy.

Acceptable crime rates in the surrounding areas (Detroit?)

Relatively easy accessibiliity for all corps and patrons. Sure, LA fits the bill????

Major airports a plus; Say within an hour's drive. Multiple airport choices a plus plus.

I am sure there are several more things that should be considered I am sure.

Madison might be good for some of it. How about for Open Class and World Class goes on in the Chicago area? Don't know what's there but I would think there is some appeal for it. Is there anything to do in Chicago??

Just my $.02