Show ideas you'd want to see next year

Carmina Burana.

If you want dark then that's up there.... or down there, depending on your point of view.

I'd like to see Teal do a Rush show.

ditto, but the pit would have to play a lot more notes than they did this year

I really enjoyed Phantoms very conceptual driven show...beautiful music as well. I'd love to see a similar idea from them next year with completely different music. Maybe something a little darker?

Awesome! They could get some mirrors and call it "Through a Mirror Darkly" or something like that.

:thumbup:

Two or three corps should do musical-based shows--other than West Side Story that is. There've been rumors of Crown resurrecting The Music Man. Les Mis would be a crowd-pleaser. South Pacific, Bye Bye Birdie, Annie, Grease, Chicago all have great tunes.

Speaking of musicals, someone should do Guys and Dolls.

"Two or three corps should do musical-based shows--other than West Side Story that is. There've been rumors of Crown resurrecting The Music Man. Les Mis would be a crowd-pleaser. South Pacific, Bye Bye Birdie, Annie, Grease, Chicago all have great tunes."

*****please dont let this be true!!!! im still tryin to get over the toy souldiers n little jeffy. i could see crown pullin out 76 GOLD trombones though

Edited by GREENBLUE

I think Teal would do very well in the contemporary Christian Rock/Alternative Genre- that is if Pioneer doesn't beat 'em to it!

Here's another version with extra verse and a new melody at 2:27 to maybe incorporate:

...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR7bBEBIC9g&feature=related

I would expect a good amount of jazz-running ;D

Also..

and maybe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OsyiGgSlqY...feature=related

And perhaps,

I think they could do some effective techno also- that is with CREATIVE and complex drum and pit writing and not using electronics- as would be the temptation.

Crown should revisit the Finis idea but bigger. Mash up the past 40 years of DCI into 13 minutes of total insanity. Copy music, drill, props, anything and everything. Take those amazing blended arrangements of Claire de Lune/One Hand One Heart and Somewhere/Somewhere Over the Rainbow and take it up times 10. Rocky Point Holiday, Malaguena, Channel One Suite, Appalachian Spring, Phantom of the Opera, Thunder and Blazes, When a Man Loves a Woman, Sabre Dance, Firebird, The Planets, Trittico, First Circle, American in Paris, Russian Christmas Music. Call it "A Drum Corps Fan's Nightmare".

But watch a lot of people would say that it's "innovative" because it panders to the ADD society we seem to live in today... :tongue:

Lol it's weird but for some reason my mind naturally composes music this way.. I'll be thinking of some tune but it'll morph into another completely different tune- probably because of similar chord progressions.

Stop stealing my ideas! :thumbup:

Edited by Impuls!vebari

Carmina Burana.

If you want dark then that's up there.... or down there, depending on your point of view.

This!