DCA Finals 2012

I know this subject is a bit pre-mature.

Personally I couldn't be happier. I live just over the Chesapeak Bay Bridge from Annapolis. It would take me under a half hour to get

to the stadium.Taking route 50/301.

I can't tell you much about the venue itself. That would be Jeff Wier's department.

Pros and cons?

Look the area up on the internet. Annapolis, Annapolis Naval Academy,Kent Island, Kent Narrows. You'll see that it is quite beautiful. Waterways everywhere.

Let's not leave out the fact that we have great seafood resturants.

My favorite choices for hotel accomidations would be on The Kent Narrows. Which is situated on the other side of The Chesapeak Bay Bridge.

On the opposit side of Kent Island. As you pass back on to the Eastern Shore mainland.Talk about spectacular location!It would still be only a half hour to get to the stadium.

Con?Regarding staying on the Narrows. Ocean City traffic! We're talking Labor Day weekend.

If you're coming FROM the eas,t on 50/301, it wont be a problem. Coming from the west.

Route 50/301 is The Ocean Gateway. It's the major route too Ocean City Maryland. Talk about a bottleneck! LOL

Having an EZpass helps bigtime! Even if it's an out of town, you pay full fare but breeze thru faster than, if you have to stop to pay toll. Which you only pay going east.

But I don't want to dewell on the negative. Because it's well worth it. If you choose the Narrows. You just have to time your arrival at the venue well.

Getting to the venue from the East is easier and faster than if your coming from the West on rt. 50/301 or from the North in Richie Highway/rt. 2.

Maryland is a wonderful place to visit. Baltimore is North. Washington D.C is not far, West on rt. 50. You can catch the metro from Carrolton station.

Which will drop you off, right on the Mall. If you want to take a day trip to see our FREE Nations Capitol Museums.

Don't miss the Botanical Gardens, close to the Capitol Building! Plants and Trees from all over the world.

Ocean City is west . Kind of far for a day trip. Just don't go there! It'll be Labor Day!

If you want to sit on sand go to Sandy Point. Which exits at the western side of the Bay Bridge.

Lots of Historical places to visit in Maryland..

I could go on and on, expounding on, the virtues of Maryland. I'll wait and let you all do a bit of investigating on your own.

There are lots of high schools and community collages for practice sites.

As for the weather, it's farther south then the venues of the past. So you'll find it much warmer. Evenings are beginning to get cool, this time of the year.

Weather here can NOT be predicted. We have the mountains in the west and the Ocean in the east. A situation that confounds the best of weathermen.

I've lived in Maryland most of my life. I've also been a Drum Corps Nut all my life and for DCA Finals to come here? This close to my home!

There is a GOD!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I couldn't be happier. I live just over the Chesapeak Bay Bridge from Annapolis. It would take me under a half hour to get

I can't tell you much about the venue itself. That would be Jeff Wier's department.

Pros and cons?

Look the area up on the internet. Annapolis, Annapolis Naval Academy,Kent Island, Kent Narrows. You'll see that it is quite beautiful. Waterways everywhere.

My favorite choices for hotel accomidations would be on The Kent Narrows. Which is situated on the other side of The Chesapeak Bay Bridge.

On the opposit side of Kent Island. As you pass back on to the Eastern Shore mainland.Talk about spectacular location!It would still be only a half hour to get to the stadium.

Con?Regarding staying on the Narrows. Ocean City traffic! We're talking Labor Day weekend.

If you're coming FROM the eas,t on 50/301, it wont be a problem. Coming from the west.

Route 50/301 is The Ocean Gateway. It's the major route too Ocean City Maryland. Talk about a bottleneck! LOL

Having an EZpass helps bigtime! Even if it's an out of town, you pay full fare but breeze thru faster than, if you have to stop to pay toll. Which you only pay going east.

But I don't want to dewell on the negative. Because it's well worth it. If you choose the Narrows. You just have to time your arrival at the venue well.

Getting to the venue from the East is easier and faster than if your coming from the West on rt. 50/301 or from the North in Richie Highway/rt. 2.

Maryland is a wonderful place to visit. Baltimore is North. Washington D.C is not far, West on rt. 50. You can catch the metro from Carrolton station.

Which will drop you off, right on the Mall. If you want to take a day trip to see our FREE Nations Capitol Museums.

Don't miss the Botanical Gardens, close to the Capitol Building! Plants and Trees from all over the world.

Ocean City is west . Kind of far for a day trip. Just don't go there! It'll be Labor Day!

If you want to sit on sand go to Sandy Point. Which exits at the western side of the Bay Bridge.

I could go on and on, expounding on, the virtues of Maryland. I'll wait and let you all do a bit of investigating on your own.

As for the weather, it's farther south then the venues of the past. So you'll find it much warmer. Evenings are beginning to get cool, this time of the year.

Weather here can NOT be predicted. We have the mountains in the west and the Ocean in the east. A situation that confounds the best of weathermen.

I've lived in Maryland most of my life. I've also been a Drum Corps Nut all my life and for DCA Finals to come here? This close to my home!

There is a GOD!

Thanks for this post! I wll be making a vacation of that week/weekend. Going to the "Wall" (Viet-Nam Veterans Memorial). I have some friends there.

Pros and cons?

There is a GOD!

Cindy,

I think Annapolis is terrific as a change of venue - if only it weren't so close to Washington. :tongue:

Here's how I feel about DCA 2012 in Annapolis:

:tongue::ph34r::devil::smile::smile::lol::devil::devil::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I'm looking forward to the trip. I've been spoiled having finals here in my neck of the woods. The only bummer for me is that as a teacher, I probably have to work that Friday, and no personal days are allowed to be taken attached to a holiday weekend. That drive in the Friday evening traffic is going to be horrible!

I went twice when it was in Scranton, and I think I'm going to make a conscious effort to try to get to Annapolis, if the wife will let me. :tongue: Rochester was just a bit too far.

Rochester was just a bit too far.

That's my feeling about Annapolis. I have to add that I think its fair to move it around and give others an opportunity to see the show. I don't mind sitting out a year or two.

Edited by Mike_B