DCA Finals 2012

For groups traveling from elsewhere like Renegades, etc. it'll be fun to visit a new location and what not.

For the northeast types who are used to driving no more than 3 hrs to get to a Finals location, it'll probably suck.

Other than the few Upstate corps left, what corps drove 3 hours or less to get to Rochester?

Northeast corps? let's run down the DCA list... Annapolis is:

Bucs - MUCH closer

MBI - a wash

Empire - obviously considerably further away

Hurcs - quite a bit closer

Cabs - much closer

Alliance - much closer

CorpsVets - much closer

Bushwackers - much closer

Renegades - about the same but MUCH CHEAPER to fly into BWI than ROC

shall I go on? I think some parts of the country do not realize how close northern MD is to PA (esp. Philly), NJ and the NE corridor...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the few Upstate corps left, what corps drove 3 hours or less to get to Rochester?

Bucs - MUCH closer

MBI - a wash

Cabs - much closer

Alliance - much closer

CorpsVets - much closer

shall I go on? I think some parts of the country do not realize how close northern MD is to PA (esp. Philly), NJ and the NE corridor...

"Much Closer":

Some of the Alumni groups should benefit also Caballeros, Skyliners, Bridgemen, Park City Pride & Hanover Lancers will all be closer, and a few others such as Archer-Epler, Reading's Alumni, Reilly Raiders and St Rita's Brassmen could be enticed into comming.

"Maybe" even the Yankee Rebels could stage a "One More Time" rally and show up. It IS "Right In Their Back Yard".

Elphaba

Bucs - MUCH closer

MBI - a wash

Cabs - much closer

Alliance - much closer

CorpsVets - much closer

And .

Grenadiers....considerably further

White Sabers....considerably further

Any new corps from Canada..considerably further :tongue:

"Much Closer":

Some of the Alumni groups should benefit also Caballeros, Skyliners, Bridgemen, Park City Pride & Hanover Lancers will all be closer, and a few others such as Archer-Epler, Reading's Alumni, Reilly Raiders and St Rita's Brassmen could be enticed into comming.

"Maybe" even the Yankee Rebels could stage a "One More Time" rally and show up. It IS "Right In Their Back Yard".

Elphaba

The Alumni Corps such as Cabs, Skyliners, Bridgemen and Park City Pride will, in all probability, be in Annapolis. In the pass the maximum number of Alumni Corps that perform at The Spectacular is 10. That's due to time constraints. Allowing stadium personnel to get the stadium cleaned and ready for Finals that night and allowing Alumni Spectacular spectators and Alumni performers to return to their respective hotels to get something to eat and get ready for Finals as well.

Since the number 10 seems to be the magic number (and if all of the Corps that performed at last year's Alumni Spectacular return to perform in Annapolis) that would leave 1 open slot. Now if the Canadian Alumni Corps that performed last year were to chose not to attend DCA in Annapolis that would open up a couple of slots.

And it would seem that all of the participants seem to be "required" to perform a drill. That would negate Archie, Reading Alumni and St. Rita's Alumni. I have it on pretty good authority that there is some interest within the Reilly Raiders that they might be interested in performing in the Spectacular. It would probably be to their advantage to wait til DCA is in Annapolis for traveling purposes. Hanover Lancers? Excellent Alumni Corps and Excellent entertainment. Would they be willing to put a drill together?

As for the Yankee-Rebels? I doubt it. I do know that they will always have a standing invitation to perform at the Spectacular in perpetuity the same as do the Cabs Alumni & Skyliners Alumni, whether they perform a drill or not. After Y-R's last performance at Reilly's show all of the uniforms (and I think their equipment as well) had already been sold. And I understand that all their administration has permenantly (sp) retired.

I have to say that bus ride was alot easier when I was younger. :tongue:

It was a lot easier and funner for me when there was a adult beverage and a something other than a pg movie to watch.

After a 16 hour bus drive with no booze and no movies,,never again.

I didn't join drum corps to be a baby sitter.

Edited by camel lips

And .

Grenadiers....considerably further

White Sabers....considerably further

Any new corps from Canada..considerably further :tongue:

any news on Brigs or Crusaders returning to the field? It would also be further for both of them...

The Alumni Corps such as Cabs, Skyliners, Bridgemen and Park City Pride will, in all probability, be in Annapolis. In the pass the maximum number of Alumni Corps that perform at The Spectacular is 10. That's due to time constraints. Allowing stadium personnel to get the stadium cleaned and ready for Finals that night and allowing Alumni Spectacular spectators and Alumni performers to return to their respective hotels to get something to eat and get ready for Finals as well.

Since the number 10 seems to be the magic number (and if all of the Corps that performed at last year's Alumni Spectacular return to perform in Annapolis) that would leave 1 open slot. Now if the Canadian Alumni Corps that performed last year were to chose not to attend DCA in Annapolis that would open up a couple of slots.

And it would seem that all of the participants seem to be "required" to perform a drill. That would negate Archie, Reading Alumni and St. Rita's Alumni. I have it on pretty good authority that there is some interest within the Reilly Raiders that they might be interested in performing in the Spectacular. It would probably be to their advantage to wait til DCA is in Annapolis for traveling purposes. Hanover Lancers? Excellent Alumni Corps and Excellent entertainment. Would they be willing to put a drill together?

As for the Yankee-Rebels? I doubt it. I do know that they will always have a standing invitation to perform at the Spectacular in perpetuity the same as do the Cabs Alumni & Skyliners Alumni, whether they perform a drill or not. After Y-R's last performance at Reilly's show all of the uniforms (and I think their equipment as well) had already been sold. And I understand that all their administration has permenantly (sp) retired.

A minor point, Mike, but I don't think there's any "requirement" that alumni corps perform a drill. It's more like the usual drum corps follow-the-leader; if the better corps do a drill, then everybody else feels they have to do one as well - just to remain competitive. Even the "drills" that the alumni corps do vary widely. I will say, however, that in the past three or four years, there has been a lot more "keeping up with the Joneses" vis a vis drills.

If a Hanover, or Archie, or Reilly, or St. Rita's wanted to be a part of the show, I'm certain they'd be considered - drill or no drill.

A minor point, Mike, but I don't think there's any "requirement" that alumni corps perform a drill. It's more like the usual drum corps follow-the-leader; if the better corps do a drill, then everybody else feels they have to do one as well - just to remain competitive. Even the "drills" that the alumni corps do vary widely. I will say, however, that in the past three or four years, there has been a lot more "keeping up with the Joneses" vis a vis drills.

If a Hanover, or Archie, or Reilly, or St. Rita's wanted to be a part of the show, I'm certain they'd be considered - drill or no drill.

Could be, but it was my understanding that those Corps that perform a drill go to the "head of the line". I'm pretty sure that is why the Skyliners Alumni are now doing a drill. I know that in the past they (and at the time we) "refused" to even consider doing a drill. Perhaps they were motivated to do a drill to insure being able to perform at the Spectacular. Is there anyone from them who would care to illucidate?

Bucs - MUCH closer

MBI - a wash

Cabs - much closer

Alliance - much closer

CorpsVets - much closer

Yeah, I83 and you are in good old Maryland in no time.

I think this sounds great for DCA!!!!!