Boston Crusaders Announce 2011 Program

ML23

Uh... can someone change the title of the thread?

The link seems to indicate that the title actually is "Revolution" and not "Revolve".

Anyways, looking forward to someone doing this music that isn't a high school band or a european woman who only gets success based off her ratio of "attractiveness" to "decent singing voice"

And can we get a classic "Conquest" quote? Last year's seemed really fast paced (though I thoroughly enjoyed it)

lindap likes bolded post ::thumbs up:: was that my out loud voice? ::oh my:: :laughing: same for rach ha

Do you suppose that "revolve" could be referring to the giant turntable that's used as the stage? Could result in some scary drill, i suppose...

Well, if nothing else at least it would cover the giant Colts logo at finals.

Already getting dizzy.....

Renegades...Revolution...your avatar...suddenly I'm getting woozy as well...

(runs and hides)

As a massive fan of Les Miz, I really hope they don't cheese it up. I don't think they will, but I'm concerned nonetheless.

It's the first corps that I've seen an official announcement for. I'm very excited for this idea. I absolutely loved their show this year, and thought they had some incredible moments (one of my favorite of any corps this year), and I'm thinking with the music of Les Mis as the foundation, they will create some spectacular moments (as long as that breath of fresh air doesn't go too crazy).

Excellent choice.

Is this the first corps to announce ?

No. There are one or two on corpreps.com inc. Pacific Crest & Cadets.

I wouldn't be overly concerned with the "breathe new life into a classic" reference. After all, since the current management and programming team took over in 2008, they have consistently "breathed new life" into classics each year......remembering "Also Sprach Zarathustra" 08, the "Bacchanale" in 09 and the Shostakovich "10th Symphony" and "Rapsody on a Theme of Paganini" in '10.

I think most would probably agree that these shows were fairly well-received by the audiences.....I am supremely confident that the corps will continue this tradition. And yes, looking forward to hearing the first serious treatment of Les Mis in 22 years! :laughing: