Boston Crusaders Announce 2011 Program

ML23

Despite the fact (as Lance points out) Les Mis has been done A LOT by HS bands, it really hasn't been done very often in WC drumcorps.

•Blue Stars were the first to perform Les Mis back in '87. They also performed it again in '88.

•Boston performed it in '88. Although the best parts of thier show were the opener (what was the name of that piece?) and Conquest.

•The Cadets of Bergen County played it for thier entire show in '89. The slo-mo choreography rocked along with the flag toss to the drum major!

Geez some of you are so critical and worrisome :thumbup: Wouldn't it be nice to walk away from finals this year saying "wow, all the finalists were enjoyable" not just a couple. Let's all be excited that we will be hearing this great music on the drum corps field this summer :laughing:

What are some of the selections people hope to hear?

I just downloaded Les Mis from iTunes, I have not listened to this stuff in awhile. I am now really excited. :laughing:

Please play a full version of Conquest.

Now that would really be hearing the fans!

• Like 1

•Blue Stars were the first to perform Les Mis back in '87. They also performed it again in '88.

•Boston performed it in '88. Although the best parts of thier show were the opener (what was the name of that piece?) and Conquest.

•The Cadets of Bergen County played it for thier entire show in '89. The slo-mo choreography rocked along with the flag toss to the drum major!

The opener in '88 (and '87!) was Music for Winds & Percussion.

Awesome !!! Can't wait.

It seems BAC "Get's it"

Hopefully......this is the first of many show announcements that state "creating a fan appealing show is the staff's/designers ultimate priority"......

• Like 1

time to dig out their 88 version. lots of ways to get Conquest in there

I actually hated that version. it was clumsy.

I'm not a huge fan of Les Miz on the field. Plus, it's not really about revolution. Revolt, kind of.