BLUECOATS

This winter-time topic is about the Bluecoats only ... if you want to start your own about another corps, go ahead.

What are you favorites songs the Bluecoats have ever played??

Here's a short list of mine ...

First -- a nod to "Autumn Leaves" from 87 and 88 (first two years in Finals) and 98. It's the corps song, of course, but still one of the best tunes they've ever played.

Others ...

-- 1991 - "Palookaville." Great song. One of years I marched, so biased of course. Also played a short-lived song after drum solo that was a different version of this but can't remember name. We used it as a retreat song later in the year -- debuting it after a show without tell the staff ahead of time. That was fun!!!

-- 1989 and 1995 -- "Sing Sing Sing." Either year, BOTH deserve to make this list.

-- 2006 -- "My Heart and I". One of two moments since I aged out that I showed up at a practice and got real chills hearing something that I just KNEW was amazing -- first time heard 1995 during an ensemble at Hershey Park, and in Perry, Ohio, at a winter camp when hornline was outside playing "My Heart and I." Wow. Great song -- original is from an Italian TV show, sung by Sting. Look it up. Great song arranged beautifully by Doug Thrower for the Bluecoats ... of course, we can say that about a lot of songs over the last 10-15-ish years.

What say you, Bluecoats fans?????

Edited by BlueR36
  • Like 1

Besides the '06 ballad, I have to throw in Hummingbird from '07, The Boxer from '08, and Aha! and that ballad from the '10 show, not sure of the name of it. And am I the only person that enjoyed the drumspeak portion of the '05 show? I thought that was so cool.

Edited by fsubone

1987, don't know the name of the tune but it had a great sop solo in it.

For years I only had an old VHS copy which had all the top 5 + a 30 second clip of 6th-12th and this tune was in the Bluecoats clip.