WGI-Type Unitards and DCI

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think you could ever like DCI corps in WGI-type Unitards?

• Never
    • Maybe
    • Probably
    • Definitely

Just curious.

Uniforms are usually one of the last things I care about.

But with pretty much every WGI shows I've seen, I REALLY notice the uniforms. Not a big fan, really. But I haven't seen very much WGI.

But yeah, just curious.

• Like 1

I kinda like what Bluecoats did in 09. Not all that familiar with WGI, but would imagine that they were similar.

I try to embrace change but I can't stand the "WGI" Jammie's" and I don't feel they belong on the field. See Teal 2010. Great corps - the pit looked terrible! Please stop the madness!

Edited by SFZFAN

If it looks good, I like it. If it looks bad, I don't like it. I don't think that WGI-like unitards will look inherently bad in DCI just BECAUSE its a unitard. If it's a unitard that works, fits, and looks great, I don't have an issue.

Edited by charlie1223

It would be a radically different look from the military-ish type of uniforms we're accustomed to. Acceptance would depend on people's desire/ability to let go of certain expectations of what drum corps is/isn't. I'd rather see a group really go for it than the kind of hybrid Crown wore last year. A shirt and vest with a shako never looked right to me.

• Like 2

Maybe, I don't know...

I like women in skimpy stuffs but I prefer the guard with a more military bearing. Nothing against the performers at all, just really not a fan of ballet or dance in general. Seeing it in drum corps was a huge disappointment but I've learned to look past it. I'd rather not see more of the frilly prancing going on.

It ain't up to me though, but, I really do miss the crispness of the guard, the snap of the rifles, the attitude of strength.

Ha! The song "Dominance and Submission" just came on while typing this...

• Like 1

I try to embrace change but I can't stand the "WGI" Jammie's" and I don't feel they belong on the field. See Teal 2010. Great corps - the pit looked terrible! Please stop the madness!

To be honest , I must be a ######, as I don't have a clue what a " unitard " is.

That said, it sounds like some costume I'd probably want to leave in the closet until Halloween rolls around.

depends on how it looks. I've seen some good stuff in indoor and some horrid stuff too. Same with DCI. Just because it's a "uniform" doesn't make it great

• Like 1

To be honest , I must be a ######, as I don't have a clue what a " unitard " is.

That said, it sounds like some costume I'd probably want to leave in the closet until Halloween rolls around.

[/quot

I wear yoga pants at work, a desk job. I feel less constricted, able to move, the fabric is warm when cool and cool when warm. If a uniform can conform to the weather, the movement, and if the sewer has a serger or the fabric can stretch, it's all good. It seems most tunics have zippers on the back these days. If the zipper is stuck, try velcro. I liked Blue Stars uniform in 2010, they floated on the field. Most corps in 2010 had the same pants, different colours. It's all about the tunic which depends on a top down or bottom up approach ;-)

Maybe I come from too different a perspective since I teach a WGI group, but I would love to see more groups embrace themed costumes.

For those unaware of what WGI outfits look like, here is a great gallery from one of last year's regionals: http://www.marching.com/photos/2010-wgi-percussion-regional-photos/index.php