Cadets2

That's true,but bringin it at age 18 vs age 40 is a heck of alot more work.

maybe. 40 may already know what needs to be done, where 18 needs to be shown.

just because a corps is younger doesn't give them an edge. if that was the case, Alliance, aged what?....25 and down would be kicking Bucs ###, aged anywhere 16-56.

I believe that the age limit is not an advantage… it will be a hindrance. What’s the biggest advantage that DCI has over DCA? The touring schedule and practicing 7 days a week. DCA is weekends only.. So now were essentially having kids who didn’t make Cadets most likely because of lack of experience and only giving them weekends to learn. The only thing the age limit accomplishes is creating a lack of Vets in the corps. I fail to see the advantage.

I agree. I think if YEA wants to sponsor a DCA corps then it should follow DCA rules and the spirit of the organization (meaning an all-age format). If YEA wants a corps of DCI age folks only, then he should start a DCI open class corps and make it viable. As the post above suggests, it would not be all that difficult. But that's just my 2 cents.

YEA spoke with DCA leadership, who had no problem with the proposed age limits. Other DCA corps have age limits so obviously not having an ALL-age format isn't a problem for the DCA community....the only thing that's new is YEA is looking to limit the top and the bottom of an age range, whereas other DCA corps have only limited the bottom.

I don't know about the schedule being "that difficult." In the proposed schedule, half the shows have the same one or two groups competing.....sounds like an exciting season :blink: Even in limiting the geographic range, the DCA schedule has twice as many shows. The proposed schedule just shows one reason why YEA is looking to join the DCA with Cadets2 and not Open Class DCI.

I somehow doubt that when deciding whether to join DCI Open Class, or DCA with Cadets2 that anybody considered the feelings of groups on the other side of the country, who they would likely never compete with (since they're creating a weekend only corps). Why would they? Are you seriously suggesting that YEA decide where Cadets2 should compete based on whether it might hurt someone's feelings?

Of the shows listed below, half of them have the same one or two corps to compete with and a third of them are withing 4 days of each other....quite the proposed season :rolleyes: That listing may show one reason why YEA decided to go with DCA instead.

What I do not get is. They say they do Not want to Tour. OK fine. But here is a Small list of shows pretty much Inside the North East that would not Require Touring. If they were an Open Class group like BD B or SC VC do.

(IF IT WAS This Year for example.)

June 6th - Old Bridge,NJ ( WC but has Raiders in it)

June 29 - Glens Falls, NY (WC but has 7th Rigiment in it. Gee wonder if they could have had Cadets 2 who they would have taken)

July 1st - Quincy, MA (WC but has has Spartans in it)

July 2nd - Lynn, MA (WC but has Spartans & 7th Regiment in it)

July 6th - Jackson, NJ (WC but has Raiders and Platinum in it)

July 16th - Manchester, NH (Full Open Class Show)

July 17th - Malden, MA (Full Open Class Show)

Aug 4th - Johnsburg, PA (Full Open Class Show)

Aug 6th - Erie, PA (Full Open Class Show)

Then they could also hold an Open Class Show.

That would be 10 shows. About the same amount as many DCA groups, and all in the DCA North East area maybe with an Over night along the way. (and DCA groups do that). So take the Saved Touring Money off the Table. Using Different Uniforms (maybe even different colors) will prevent the Trading back and forth with WC Cadets. So take that off the Table

. That means the Main reason is: George does NOT like DCI Open Class. No future in that.

(How does that make the people in BD B and SCVC along with the other Open Class Groups feel?) Guess he thinks he can beat, Buc's, Minn. Brass, Empire, Cabs, Etc., in DCA easier. Than BD B, SCVC, Spartans Etc. (all of which they would bum heads with. Without going to Championships in Indy.)

Edited by CuriousMe

I completely get it. Furthermore, I see this as being nothing but a positive thing for both the Cadets' organization (YEA in general) and the DCA drum corps circuit. This is fantastic news! Welcome to DCA, Cadets2! I can't wait to see you on the field in Rochester! Is the plan to field Cadets2 this year or next (this question has probably been answered on either this thread or the YEA website but I have not had time to read it all).

I completely get it. Furthermore, I see this as being nothing but a positive thing for both the Cadets' organization (YEA in general) and the DCA drum corps circuit. This is fantastic news! Welcome to DCA, Cadets2! I can't wait to see you on the field in Rochester! Is the plan to field Cadets2 this year or next (this question has probably been answered on either this thread or the YEA website but I have not had time to read it all).

In their announcement, they stated that they are starting with the 2012 season.

Umm.... How about no. I hate to break it to you, but DCA corps have schedules like that, regardless of class.Take a look at our friends from outside the NE. They compete in DCI shows and very rarely see the rest of the competition on the field until finals, etc. They make it work, and put out a tremendous product. Also, I'd imagine that if a corps isn't touring, shows only days apart shouldn't be an issue. DCA corps have been "loading up" on multiple performances in a DAY, including parades and shows for decades. It's tough, but given the target demographic that C2 is going to utilize, it shouldn't be a problem. I think that maybe your hypothesis is incorrect. Actions speak louder than words. We'll see how this pans out when they hit the field next year, and I wish them the best of luck! May they come into their own!

I somehow doubt that when deciding whether to join DCI Open Class, or DCA with Cadets2 that anybody considered the feelings of groups on the other side of the country, who they would likely never compete with (since they're creating a weekend only corps). Why would they? Are you seriously suggesting that YEA decide where Cadets2 should compete based on whether it might hurt someone's feelings?

Of the shows listed below, half of them have the same one or two corps to compete with and a third of them are withing 4 days of each other....quite the proposed season :rolleyes: That listing may show one reason why YEA decided to go with DCA instead.

In their announcement, they stated that they are starting with the 2012 season.

Correct and think it'd be late to start the DCA evaluation process to be allowed to compete at 2011 DCA shows.

Umm.... How about no. I hate to break it to you, but DCA corps have schedules like that, regardless of class.Take a look at our friends from outside the NE. They compete in DCI shows and very rarely see the rest of the competition on the field until finals, etc. They make it work, and put out a tremendous product. Also, I'd imagine that if a corps isn't touring, shows only days apart shouldn't be an issue. DCA corps have been "loading up" on multiple performances in a DAY, including parades and shows for decades. It's tough, but given the target demographic that C2 is going to utilize, it shouldn't be a problem. I think that maybe your hypothesis is incorrect. Actions speak louder than words. We'll see how this pans out when they hit the field next year, and I wish them the best of luck! May they come into their own!

Why compare them to the schedule of a DCA corps outside the NE though....that's kind of the point. In the NE, as a DCA corps, they can compete more frequently and with more competitors than in DCI Open Class.

That was just one example. My point was that shows within days of each other along with several performances in the same day are not uncommon for any DCA corps. So, you bringing up that shows are within days of each other is moot. Also, some shows even in the NE only feature a handful of corps. A schedule is a schedule. I was arguing against your examples used to make your point, not against C2 being involved in the DCA circuit. I hope that this clears things up.

Why compare them to the schedule of a DCA corps outside the NE though....that's kind of the point. In the NE, as a DCA corps, they can compete more frequently and with more competitors than in DCI Open Class.

Edited by DorianBlues