Blue Devils announce their show!

I hope it has recognizable melodies and complete phrases...if yes....I should be a happy camper... :lle:

• Like 2

I think the difference between 2010 and 2011 will be that Kenton's music was intended to be challenging and "difficult to listen to" by Kenton himself.

Bacharach is nothing if not melodic so I think his music will lend itself to a melodic reinvention by The Devils, whether that involves a change of emphasis in how long pieces are allowed to develop or not. I am genuinely excited by this programme and from the music that we already know some corps are playing, BAC, especially Phantom! I think we will have a great year of music in DCI.

(I still watch BD2010 with awe. I just find it not quite as "enjoyable" as some other shows, if that makes sense.)

Some people on this forum [who are not directly part of the BD organization] definitely know though; however, they shall remain nameless. They were probably bludgeoned to death silence to keep it a secret.

Word!

Further evidence of a desciplined organization! :bluedevil:

Edited by Plan9

Ahh, not as "enjoyable" from a "durrrr" perspective. :devil:

That, or any semblance of a musical background. :devil:

I do like the mirrored chair idea...just add some smoke generators!

I wish I recognized this rep, but if yall are excited I'll look forward to it.

I think the difference between 2010 and 2011 will be that Kenton's music was intended to be challenging and "difficult to listen to" by Kenton himself.

Bacharach is nothing if not melodic so I think his music will lend itself to a melodic reinvention by The Devils, whether that involves a change of emphasis in how long pieces are allowed to develop or not. I am genuinely excited by this programme and from the music that we already know some corps are playing, BAC, especially Phantom! I think we will have a great year of music in DCI.

(I still watch BD2010 with awe. I just find it not quite as "enjoyable" as some other shows, if that makes sense.)

Hope so.

BD - jazzy swing with what looks like what they have been missing recently - HEART (and melody).

I have see nothing indicating jazz or swing. Are you just assuming the arrangements will be as such? Have you heard the arrangements?