A History Making Season

I know its to early to know much of anything, but the only prediction to make in this thread is, will this season go down as one of the best seasons? IMO there seems to be a lot of great shows being put out this year. In 2022, will they be talking about 2011 like we still talk about 2000? Thoughts?

It could be very possible, and really to think about it any season can make history like finals 2008. I would like to add, as a huge fan its awesome witnessing huge historical events happen right before my eyes! It just makes me a proud fan of DCI and of course The Cavaliers! :thumbup:

It seems like every few seasons, something noteworthy happens but that everyone has a different perception of what makes a memorable season. For instance, I have no idea what made the 2000 season memorable. And excepting Phantom, 2008 seemed very forgettable to me.

I think it's way too early to say for sure; however, I also think the shows coming out this year are setting up this season to be a great one. It could still flop, but based on shows and rep, I can't say I've been this excited for a season since....well....2000.

I'll cautiously say that this season appears to have the potential to be a very good one at the very least. The programs/musical selections seem to be headed in the right direction for it to occur.

Maybe the wish to present more fan friendly shows will have some merit. Let's hope so.

• Like 2

It seems like every few seasons, something noteworthy happens but that everyone has a different perception of what makes a memorable season. For instance, I have no idea what made the 2000 season memorable. And excepting Phantom, 2008 seemed very forgettable to me.

Here's a hint, THE CROWD!!! Speaking for myself, that year had the best crowds I've ever performed for at almost every show we had.

" For instance, I have no idea what made the 2000 season memorable."

Year 2000 was memorable because The Cadets' show in 2000 was the greatest show ever written.

And I think this year will be memorable because of the Champion Tour events, with the top 8 from last year having multiple competitions together throughout the year - this has never happened before like it is now, at least I don't think it has - and I think that for those particular events, the audience will be able to participate in the scoring - I think it counts for a certain percentage of their score.

Not really sure if that is how they are going to do it, or what - can anyone enlighten the rest of us on that if they know for certain?

" For instance, I have no idea what made the 2000 season memorable."

Year 2000 was memorable because The Cadets' show in 2000 was the greatest show ever written.

And I think this year will be memorable because of the Champion Tour events, with the top 8 from last year having multiple competitions together throughout the year - this has never happened before like it is now, at least I don't think it has - and I think that for those particular events, the audience will be able to participate in the scoring - I think it counts for a certain percentage of their score.

Not really sure if that is how they are going to do it, or what - can anyone enlighten the rest of us on that if they know for certain?

To mention the G8 with such nonchalance? You MUST be new here! :tongue:

This season could be very historic and important for DCI. Will the Tour of Champions become a yearly set of shows? Will there be any shakeups within the lower world class and higher open class corps? What surprises will there be this season? Will a new Champion be crowned? No one can really say until after the last note is played and the last score is announced, but it will be a good season as long as we get at least one new fan to go to one show. It will be a great season as long as the kids in all of the corps play their best and leave everything on the field. If even one of these things happens, it will be a historic season, especially for those marching.