2011 Uniforms

I've heard through the grapevine that Michael Cesario is designing BD a brand new uniform. Not sure if this is true or not though.

I've heard through the grapevine that Michael Cesario is designing BD a brand new uniform. Not sure if this is true or not though.

It's true. This quote comes from a Marching Roundtable podcast with Cesario:

"There's a brand new Blue Devils uniform coming out this year, and when I say 'brand new' and Blue Devils, you know we mean brand new. It's pretty amazing stuff. Working with Jay (Murphy, visual designer/caption head) and Scott (Chandler, program coordinator/choreographer), it's such a thrill because they'll take that chance, so we've got that going. This new Blue Devils uniform, one side is very much Blue Devils. And, the other side, I'm not going to describe. But, you know there's something going on. All I'm going to say is I can't imagine any other group except the Blue Devils wearing it. "

I have heard that Glassmen are getting slight alterations to their current uniform, but nothing too drastic. I heard this a few camps ago, so I'm not sure if it is 100% reliable.

The new Cascades uni looks great! Can't wait to see it on the field. Looks like they are using the same color plumes as Crown did in '09.

Is it their old ones with just a modification?

I can’t tell if its just a new black bib tacked on from the 1 picture I can see in this thread

Looks fine to me, they needed new ones as that red faded very quickly

I like the Cascades new ones - the Seattle green is a nice touch.

Colts alterations also look nice - the extra black takes off some of the "oomph" of the massive barrage of red, but they fit right in with everyone else.

I hope the Glassmen don't change too much. Their unis look like a million bucks on their members (as long as you're an underweight drum corps teenager - on ... curvier... outlines they don't look quite as fetching).

I'm scared of BD. I'm a billion percent glad they're ditching the track suits, but... half and half is a scary proposition. I've never been a fan of Scott Chandler's guard designs, and I have a feeling the new corps unis may borrow from those.

Mike

• Like 2

Who all is having new uniforms or modifications.

We've seen Cadets, colts, Cascades.

We know crown and regiment will have new ones/modifications but haven't seen them.

Who else can we expect to have new unis?

The Academy will also have new uniforms. Saw the design drawings a week or so ago, but I'm not sure when they're announcing/releasing the new look. The design is definitely different from their older one (not just a "tweak"), at least based on the drawings I saw.

I have heard that Glassmen are getting slight alterations to their current uniform, but nothing too drastic. I heard this a few camps ago, so I'm not sure if it is 100% reliable.

Yes, looks like all black pants and maybe new gauntlets? Looks nice.

Take a look....

Glassmen 2011 video:

2011 Glassmen Momorial Day Parade

Yes, looks like all black pants and maybe new gauntlets? Looks nice.

Take a look....

Glassmen 2011 video:

2011 Glassmen Momorial Day Parade

I don't think the changes have been made yet. Everything (from other memorial day parade pics) looks the same to me. The faux shields run down the other side of the pants and the gauntlets that you see in the video are smaller drumline gauntlets.

Cool video though! I hadn't seen it yet.