2011 Uniforms

I actually like Troopers guard uniform - it will stand out on the field and is a nice contrast to the corps proper (unlike some of their previous guard unis that got lost in the corps). I also like how it's a modern twist on a "western" themed approach.

However - I'm hoping that the whole guard isn't pictured in that shot - because I count only 15????

Later,

Mike

• Like 1

I actually like Troopers guard uniform - it will stand out on the field and is a nice contrast to the corps proper (unlike some of their previous guard unis that got lost in the corps). I also like how it's a modern twist on a "western" themed approach.

However - I'm hoping that the whole guard isn't pictured in that shot - because I count only 15????

Later,

Mike

^^^THIS^^^ Color guard has such a big impact on the overall show and the scores in today's drum corps. If Troop is having problems filling the guard (again), it may be really tough to make the top 12 they are striving for.

BTW, I like both uniforms. Still says "Troopers" to me, but the modern cut is a big improvement.

Later,

Mike

You're right - that's not the whole guard. In a Facebook picture from the caption head I counted 29 in uniform. There may be others not yet moved in or in uni.

Although I would prefer the more "Traditional" uniform. From the stands they should look fine. I can live with this "Modern" version, that Horn and Drum line. (Better than, that Awfull Jump suit thing)

BUT!!!

The guard looks like "street walkers", or Bar girls if you will. Horrible!!!!!

You're right - that's not the whole guard. In a Facebook picture from the caption head I counted 29 in uniform. There may be others not yet moved in or in uni.

Whew! Good news.

I think all the uniforms look great. Guard uniform is really gonna pop against the rest of the corps. It evokes the theme without looking "period" -- modern prairie I guess :-) The 'corps proper' uniform is always going to be a fight of visual effectiveness vs. tradition. Looks (to me at least) like they struck a nice balance.

• Like 3

Liking the corps not so sure about the guard... the design will fit perfectly into their show theme but makes them look like they have one fat leg.