wildwood

The Cabs play Spanish Music?!?!?! :blink:

Shouldn't there be a thread where all these folks who talk about corps like Cabs and Pioneer who traditionally play the same style of music can go and talk themselves about the same thing over and over again where we don't have to lose legit discussion bandwidth on? :sleeping:

how long ya been here...lol...thats all DCP is most of the time gezzzzzzzzzzz there are discussions that talk about who did what to who 50 years ago.....lol

The Cabs play Spanish Music?!?!?! :blink:

Shouldn't there be a thread where all these folks who talk about corps like Cabs and Pioneer who traditionally play the same style of music can go and talk themselves about the same thing over and over again where we don't have to lose legit discussion bandwidth on? :sleeping:

Per the great Jim Costello...........

The Caballeros play LATIN music...............

Okay,.............so I clicked around a little, and can't find the Cabs actual rep for this season,.........?

Now that's its actually been performed I think that the names of our charts can be said "At least what is written on our music.

Mvt. 1. Heritage

Mvt. 2. Memorium

Mvt. 3. Fantasy on a Theme by Francisco Tarrega

While we are on the topic of what the cabs play can anyone help me out? What is the name of the song/theme that the Cabs always play... you would count it like this I believe.

1 2 3 4 & 1 2 3 4 & 1 &a2 &a3 &a4 & 1.....and so on. sorry if thats not descriptive enough, but thats the best I can do. hahahaha thanks for the help!

Dustin W.

Edited by chstbone

While we are on the topic of what the cabs play can anyone help me out? What is the name of the song/theme that the Cabs always play... you would count it like this I believe.

1 2 3 4 & 1 2 3 4 & 1 &a2 &a3 &a4 & 1.....and so on. sorry if thats not descriptive enough, but thats the best I can do. hahahaha thanks for the help!

Dustin W.

If I understand your "description" correctly, then the melody you're talking about originally comes from España Cañi, written by Pascual Marquina Narro

Affectionately referred to as the "Rumps" in DCA.

Edited by Spandy

Now that's its actually been performed I think that the names of our charts can be said "At least what is written on our music.

Mvt. 1. Heritage

Mvt. 2. Memorium

Mvt. 3. Fantasy on a Theme by Francisco Tarrega

okay,...........so,.............does this mean that these are all original compositions?,............Frank said earlier that there is about 25 seconds of a particular tune,..................are there "quotes" of other tunes?,............

As a complete aside, I was under the impression that even just a few seconds of a song required obtaining the rights to "arrange and perform" from the original composer,.............is this the case with Cabs this season?

• Like 1

okay,...........so,.............does this mean that these are all original compositions?,............Frank said earlier that there is about 25 seconds of a particular tune,..................are there "quotes" of other tunes?,............

As a complete aside, I was under the impression that even just a few seconds of a song required obtaining the rights to "arrange and perform" from the original composer,.............is this the case with Cabs this season?

Cabs cleverly get around these "arrange and perform" restrictions by simply playing the same tunes in different keys, sometimes in inversions...jk

If I understand your "description" correctly, then the melody you're talking about originally comes from España Cañi, written by Pascual Marquina Narro

Affectionately referred to as the "Rumps" in DCA.

Thank you that is it! :)

Dustin W.

In honor of Sun coming back, you sure that wasn't a feathered rat... errr dove from 1980 DCA? :devil:

Seriously, a new corps and one returning at the first show of the season.... best part of the reports IMO.... :cool:

Now THAT'S funny..... shutup.gif

(And you have a small piece of that history! worthy.gif)