Southwestern Championship

They definitely got some golf claps...

I wasn't too sure. But in the end they did get a few golf claps, so you have to give the Texas crowd credit for that, imo.

• Like 2

I'll withhold my SCV comments lest I get a -99

Drumline rocks!

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 2

Call me crazy, but I gotta hunch SCV places 6th tonight. (This same hunch told me Crown was finishing 2nd last week, so I'm gonna see if it's right, or just hunger pains :tongue: )

• Like 1

anyone lost a gong?

Call me crazy, but I gotta hunch SCV places 6th tonight. (This same hunch told me Crown was finishing 2nd last week, so I'm gonna see if it's right, or just hunger pains :tongue: )

How can you you make this hunch before PR and Coats go on?

I wrote this once before. The white sheet is pulled out by initially two members who are carrying 2 guard girls who are "dead". Then they all pull the sheet over the soloist as well as the guard dancers. It is to be a silhouette of figures to symbolize the death that has just happened. It is my understanding that they will be doing some work on the effect of this part of the ballad. And to the obnoxious statement made: get a life!

Thanks for the explanation. Because when I saw it I thought it was a big white sheet being pulled over 3 of the corps members and you could kinda see them in silhouette and that was an interesting effect. Then I kept watching and when they were done using it and they were putting it away they seemed to have trouble getting it into the storage container as the wind was kinda flopping it around. Now that I know it's a metaphore on the veil between life and death and stuff.... ...

it didn't really change anything. But anyway, thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

SCV still gives me the same feeling of "confused adoration" that they did in 1974, in Ithaca NY!

Drum Corps International. Bringing you Decades of Confusion !!