I even booed at the judges in the box. Idc if its classless. Get the judging right

Let's call a spade a spade. I like your other posts, so I'm not dogging you, but yes, it is classless. The judges don't care, and probably don't see it as people booing them either (like the corps).

You can dance around it all you like, but you aren't booing the judges. You are booing the success of an organization; the accomplishment of the group; the hard work of a bunch of kids. I honestly don't understand how one can separate "judges got it wrong" from "you don't deserve your accomplishment" in their mind.

your opinion...some people think differently, and i dont mind it. No dancing, eluding, or apology required....

You can dance around it all you like, but you aren't booing the judges. You are booing the success of an organization; the accomplishment of the group; the hard work of a bunch of kids. I honestly don't understand how one can separate "judges got it wrong" from "you don't deserve your accomplishment" in their mind.

That being said, I assure you the corps is eating up all the boos and using that to push themselves harder to really #### you off in the final weeks of the season. :bluedevil:

*edit: anyone think the language filter is a little strict?

They'll just embrace it and change the name to the Boo Devils. People are classless and they will boo. I would love to see a social experiment where Madison wins for a couple of years in a row. People would boo them the third year also. It's just the way it works.

I completely agree with you. After meticulously analyzing the scores this morning, I'm confident Cadets will be able to catch them again. Congrats to BD for a great win last night, but by no means will Cadets let up.

And don't think that BD doesn't know it! I remember last year running into Todd Ryan at their rehearsal site for Atlanta last year and said upon greeting him, "Man, you guys are smokin' hot!" To which he immediately replied, "Have you seen Cavies? They're amazing!" That said volumes to me about the respect BD's staff has for their competition.

• Like 1

Oh, and one more thing - I like BD's show this year. I don't exactly get it, but I didn't get Bluecoats' or Blue Stars' shows, either. I would be okay with this show winning (but I like Cavies and Cadets this year, too...hell, I like almost everybody's shows this year, whether I get them or not). Haters gonna hate.

Edited by DrinkinOuttaCups

I even booed at the judges in the box. Idc if its classless. Get the judging right

Yeah, me too. I thought BD should have won by a bigger spread. Booooooooo!!!

:thumbdown:

• Like 3

I think people shouldn't boo AT ALL. It's ridiculous. Reminds me of when I was at finals in 2007 and Cadets were getting all those boos (YES, YOU MAY SAY IT WAS FOR GEORGE HOPKINS, BUT CADETS WERE ON THE FIELD DURING THOSE BOOS SO I CALL BULL____).

I think people shouldn't boo AT ALL. It's ridiculous. Reminds me of when I was at finals in 2007 and Cadets were getting all those boos (YES, YOU MAY SAY IT WAS FOR GEORGE HOPKINS, BUT CADETS WERE ON THE FIELD DURING THOSE BOOS SO I CALL BULL____).

I was in the stands and was yelling at the people booing around me, "what's wrong with you people?" I think I was hoping one of them would say something back, but true to form they just slinked back into their seats.

• Like 2

Sorry, I know you didn't say I hated them. Just cutting off potential problems at the pass, so to speak.

I got uptight about it when Cavies had their 3-peat too. Luckily the next year it got broken up. Long sustained win-streaks are, in my opinion, not good for the activity as a whole (no that does not mean judges should "throw the match", or BD should "stop being awesome". That isn't what I'm saying, those of you who will immediately imply it) because after a certain amount of time, there's really no reason NOT to emulate long term continued success.

If a corps were to win for 5 years running, would you not think by the 6th year that other corps would start thinking to themselves "you know...maybe we should program like they do."?

If they don't, they're crazy.

Isn't this happening in DCA?