2011 DCI Finals Thread!

It is the average of the 3 nights... not just finals.

[r/quote]

Cadets average over three nights: 29.2 / BD over three nights 29.35.................oops!

[r/quote]

Cadets average over three nights: 29.2 / BD over three nights 29.35.................oops!

Since there is a seperate colorguard award....do the guard score get taken out for the averageing/adding for the visual caption award?.......if the guard numbers were taken out would it have made a difference?

Personally like to thank everyone on the forum for their contributions to this year. It's been an unbelievable weekend filled with incredible performances across the board. I picked a really really good season to drive 500 miles to indianapolis. I'm hooked for life my friends.

• Like 1

Is it not the Visual Performance award? Just one part of the Visual category?

He actually sounded scared when he realized his mistake.

I'll leave out the names to protect the innocent. it wasn't me I know that.

but at a DCA show in the mid 80's, the Marines walked by a tailgating session to go perform with the Silent Drill Team. Someone yelled "Marines suck". he was holding two beers. remember that.

so, 10 minutes later a bunch of Marines, in full uniform, fall in at parade rest in a semi circle around a guy holding two beers. Not the guy who yelled, but they scared the #### out of the guy holding them, asking if he had an issue with USMC.

the yeller finally stepped up and gave his unit, rank etc from his time in the corps, and they accepted it and moved on.

But man, the other guy had to change his pants.

I know how you feel buddy. It was the exact same thing for me in 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2006.

I suppose I could have watched a little Fan Network while I was in Pattaya, but there were other things on my mind during that port call. :devil:

Is it not the Visual Performance award? Just one part of the Visual category?

Could be, I'll ask Boo.

It has to be Visual Performance.....Cadets pwned that category. When you add in Guard and Vis Ens. that's when things tip back towards the Devils. The Brass award goes for the high brass caption only...not the entire music category. Since guard has it's own award...it makes sense that Vis Perf gets its own.