Favorite unnoticed drum corps show nuances?

At approximately 0:27 on the FN recording of BAC 2002 you can hear someone in the crowd whistle conquest shots.

I've watched that show dozens of times and haven't heard that till today.

• Like 1

I noticed this morning in the car that Carolina Crown's 2008 show, "Finis" which is all about endings, opens with The Overture to Candide, which is the beginning. So does mean that the entire show is meant to try and find an ending to said overture, or was there another reason for that selection?

Edited by fsubone

At approximately 0:27 on the FN recording of BAC 2002 you can hear someone in the crowd whistle conquest shots.

I've watched that show dozens of times and haven't heard that till today.

That’s the coolest!

I'm still finding things like this in the 04 and 06 Cavaliers shows, and I marched those shows!

• Like 1

INT always has the most nuanced show, every season, hands down.

• Like 1

One of my favorite nuances was in the James Bond show by The Cavaliers.

A gently tumbling, round olive passes through the block -- a nod to a 007 martini.

I noticed this morning in the car that Carolina Crown's 2008 show, "Finis" which is all about endings, opens with The Overture to Candide, which is the beginning. So does mean that the entire show is meant to try and find an ending to said overture, or was there another reason for that selection?

Candide Overture stands on it's own as a Drum Corps classic, with that, it's the end of a song (finis) vs. an Overture to CC show.

It just makes perfect sense this way.