Cadets 2012 - 25th Anniv of 1987's App Spring

Too soon after Vanguard. No, IMO.

the rehash of 1993 happened in 1998

personally the scv show made me miss the 87 cadets and want to see it again - a very different approach to the piece

scv was good but I just loved the 87 version and would love to see what they could do with it today -- not come at it from a completely diff direction but rather the same direction but with modern instrumentation, modern guard etc... but the literal translation - allowing the melodic phrases to progress ala 87

the rehash of 1993 happened in 1998

personally the scv show made me miss the 87 cadets and want to see it again - a very different approach to the piece

scv was good but I just loved the 87 version and would love to see what they could do with it today -- not come at it from a completely diff direction but rather the same direction but with modern instrumentation, modern guard etc... but the literal translation - allowing the melodic phrases to progress ala 87

What? :blink:

1998 was Stonehenge. 1993 Was "In the Spring When Kings go off to War" How was that a rehash? May have been based in the same country but not even close to being a rehash.

While it would be cool to see the Cadets do this again, I'd almost rather them not.

A.) Vanguard just did it in 09.

B.) Anniversary shows rarely live up to the original. (Cadets '09 was great, but no '84.

C.) I want to see them continue forward on the path they set out this year instead of returning to something that's already been done.

Yes yes yes

1998 was Stonehenge. 1993 Was "In the Spring When Kings go off to War" How was that a rehash? May have been based in the same country but not even close to being a rehash.

listen to the shows - each piece in 98 mirrors the 93 show - even the ending/wrap up was cut from the same cloth

different music - and a less literal guard translation - but VERY similar program IMO

listen to the shows - each piece in 98 mirrors the 93 show - even the ending/wrap up was cut from the same cloth

different music - and a less literal guard translation - but VERY similar program IMO

The shows do not correspond man. If you're trying to rationalize why you think Cadets should rehash A.S., you're not doing a great job of it. 1993 and 1998 are completely unique to each other in the way the shows were designed to the pieces of music played.

While it would be cool to see the Cadets do this again, I'd almost rather them not.

A.) Vanguard just did it in 09.

B.) Anniversary shows rarely live up to the original. (Cadets '09 was great, but no '84.)

C.) I want to see them continue forward on the path they set out this year instead of returning to something that's already been done.

Well, I think they should do it personally. I know you said rarely, but any corps can still live up to the original or bring out even more.

Remember Cavies 85 vs. Cavies 95? In my opinion The Cavaliers 1995 show was WAY better than the 85 show. Regardless, both shows were fantastic!

I know. Personally, I think '93 was a rehashed '92 ( which I almost marched)