Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

Oh.... So now... we are getting clarification from you NOW that you wern't referring to DCI not giving us" 100%" "legit numbers for 81 Montreal... you were referring instead to the stadium attendance numbers there in BASEBALL, the Olympics, the CFL games, the Rodeo, and so forth... in a very general, sorta way. Wow.. it must've been just me then that thought that when we are discussing DCI attendance, and you told us you knew a guy there employed at the Montreal Stadium from 30+ years ago at the time, that when he told you the" numbers " at his stadium were not accurate, he wasn't referring to DCI... he was just sorta tossing it out there that the numbers at his stadium 30+ years ago for any sporting event" might not be 100%.". Thanks for the clarification ( or backpeddling, if one prefers ) so we know you really arn't talking about DCI attendance here with your comment. You were referring instead to some anonymous, unnamed guy at the stadium 30 + years ago you knew that... lets be real here... really doesn't know a parradiddle from a parrakeet and didn't trust his employer's numbers for some reason or another back then. Sorry, but I'll trust the DCI numbers released by DCI Executive Director Don Pesceone( that did so for 21 years at ALL stadiums ) over your unnamed guy at that stadium, Jeff. Especially given the fact I was in attendance there that nite, and DCI's Don Pesceone's attendance numbers looked pretty accurate to my eyes, and to all my friends eyes all around me that night. If anything, Don may have underestimated the actual attendence numbers a little bit that nite. But... we'll go with the DCI official numbers for that year, and for every year. Otherwise, we get bogged down in silly conspiracy theories on cooked up DCI attendance numbers without a scintilla, nor a shred of evidence, to support such a contrived nonsense.

Ok Mr. Proof... Was that DCI released number or stadium released? Where's the DCI press release stating the numbers?

Ok Mr. Proof... Was that DCI released number or stadium released? Where's the DCI press release stating the numbers?

Oh Good Lord... its never enough " proof " , it now appears ( lol!). It gets more sillier by the minute. I'm not " Mr Proof ", either. " Proof " was demanded FROM me. So I provided it. So now its apparently not enough " proof "... for you . Look, nobody has asked you for " proof " that your unnamed, anonymous stadium guy from 30+ years ago at the Montreal Stadium ,( that didn't trust his employers stadium numbers), was not a disgruntled employee or something there either. So don't call me " Mr. Proof ", as you've provided no proof at all that the announced 1981 Finals Nite attendance was NOT as announced to the fans there that nite. And likewise, we have NO proof that this year's announced Finals Nite DCI Attendance numbers were not as announced to the fans that nite either. We accept ( or should ) that when it is announced during the show what the attendance is on Finals Nite, we accept that number... from ANY year, that DCI announces it during the course of the nite. Not to not do so, opens this thread up to all sorts of ridiculous claims that DCI cooked the numbers. And thats just plain silly, as it requires one to believe that DCI is not truthful and honest on this stuff. And if we believe the silliness that DCI might exaggerate or cook the attendance numbers, what other numbers might they be exaggerating or cooking in other areas..... hmmmmm ? So no, I don't think DCI might be exaggerating the numbers. Not then, not now.

Edited by BRASSO

Oh Good Lord... its never enough " proof " , it now appears. It gets more sillier by the minute.

You stating this is classic.

• Like 1

I just posted the scoreboard photo on this thread. Here it is again:

81Attendance.jpg
How does that reconcile with your account?

Yes, it reconciles my recollection, but now 3 or 4 DCP;ers posters are apparently STILL not satisfied. They want to know if this announced DCI attendance for Finals Night in 1981 was produced by the DCI, the Montreal Stadium Facility...(or the Canadian Mounted Police, Celin Dion, Wayne Gretsky, etc or somebody else presumably unconected to DCI). Another wants to know if this 1981 attendance picture is Paid Attendance, or a combination of Paid Attendance and Non Paid Attendance. Next they'll want to know if the figure we provide these 3 or 3 DCP'ers included freebies to VIP's, walk-ins, gate crashers, discounted ticket holders, parents there to pick up their kids at the show, non finalists, infants, people who got lost in Montreal and stopped by security in the stadium to get directions, and every other subcategory to move the goalposts and find a way to simply not deal with the picture for what it says, and not get even MORE sillier with a dissection of a 30 + year ago attendance figure, that no current DCI attendance figure has undergone on here..... DCI produced at Finals this month their 2015 attendance figure for the Finals Nite. As near as we can tell, it has not undergone anywhere near the the same degree of silliness on here of a dissection of that DCI attendance figure that the year of 1981 in discussion has. BUT.... the good news as it appears right now, is that the vast numbers of DCP'ers are seemingly satisfied now that DCI does not exaggerate the numbers it says were in Attendance at its shows, 3 or 4 DCP'ers here notwithstanding. We'll leave these 3 or 4 DCP'ers to huddle together and commiserate with one another ( and give " likes " to one another.. haha!) as to why, when & how their narrative unraveled for themselves. The rest of us however are prepared to move on now regarding the DCI 1981 Finals Nite Attendance. Its been dissected enough.

Edited by BRASSO

Finals attendance did exceed 25,000 some years through the early 80s, but also recall that 50 yard line seats for finals in 1978 probably cost about $15 as well, and plane tickets, gas prices, and hotel rates were much lower as well (and on the other side, average family income was somewhat lower, too). My point is that DCI's revenue from championship week was nowhere as good overall and because of the economic differences, you can't write all of the attendance difference off as a decline in the activity. There are many factors to consider.

32,000 at Montreal in '81

casually just dropped "paid" from "paid attendance" without noting the fact. gotta love the can of polish -- no detail is too large to delete!

Words are just words if they get in the way

• Like 1

Yes, it reconciles my recollection, but now 3 or 4 DCP;ers posters are apparently STILL not satisfied. They want to know if this announced DCI attendance for Finals Night in 1981 was produced by the DCI, the Montreal Stadium Facility...(or the Canadian Mounted Police, Celin Dion, Wayne Gretsky, etc or somebody else presumably unconected to DCI). Another wants to know if this 1981 attendance picture is Paid Attendance, or a combination of Paid Attendance and Non Paid Attendance. Next they'll want to know if the figure we provide these 3 or 3 DCP'ers included freebies to VIP's, walk-ins, gate crashers, discounted ticket holders, parents there to pick up their kids at the show, non finalists, infants, people who got lost in Montreal and stopped by security in the stadium to get directions, and every other subcategory to move the goalposts and find a way to simply not deal with the picture for what it says, and not get even MORE sillier with a dissection of a 30 + year ago attendance figure, that no current DCI attendance figure has undergone on here..... DCI produced at Finals this month their 2015 attendance figure for the Finals Nite. As near as we can tell, it has not undergone anywhere near the the same degree of silliness on here of a dissection of that DCI attendance figure that the year of 1981 in discussion has. BUT.... the good news as it appears right now, is that the vast numbers of DCP'ers are seemingly satisfied now that DCI does not exaggerate the numbers it says were in Attendance at its shows, 3 or 4 DCP'ers here notwithstanding. We'll leave these 3 or 4 DCP'ers to huddle together and commiserate with one another ( and give " likes " to one another.. haha!) as to why, when & how their narrative unraveled for themselves. The rest of us however are prepared to move on now regarding the DCI 1981 Finals Nite Attendance. Its been dissected enough.

I never doubted that number went through the turnstiles Brasso. I questioned if the entire number was paid. For a guy who lives to split hairs to prove a point, you're sure trying to tie the whole thing into a ponytail