2012 show ideas

I have to agree and disagree with you. While I don't want Crown to do another rock-theme show, Kashmir would translate very well to drum corps when arranged properly.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Crown. It could be any corps that could pull it off.

I have to agree and disagree with you. While I don't want Crown to do another rock-theme show, Kashmir would translate very well to drum corps when arranged properly.

Madison did it in '07, I liked it. Probably the best part of that show, to me at least.

Looks like the Cadets are going to do a show based on Pearl Harbor. I got an email today stating this, although it is clear that the music will not come from the movie. They were looking at composers like Holsinger. Could be interesting, and perhaps they will continue with a bi-tonal design in uniform along with other staging ideas. I kind of wonder what kind of angle they will take in terms of storyline.

If Phantom is ready to wipe out some more members; Gladiator. The whole routine could come from the Barbarian Horde track alone.

I believe there's a stern copyright excluding the music of 'Gladiator' from being used on the field at current. I do agree that the music would be well received though, IMHO.

Well, i'm first going to go by my top 5 favorite corps! So here we go!

Bluecoats- Personally I haven't been getting into what they have been doing recently. I would like it if they would do some sort of jazz style show. Sing Sing Sing please! :thumbup:

SCV- I would like them to do another type of Copland like show. The show they had last year really improved as the season went on, but I would prefer another 09 type of show.

Madison Scouts- I have loved what they have done with the past two years. LETS GO BACK TO LATIN STYLE!!! DRUM CORPS FANS DREAM PART TRES!!! I would love it if they could do Malaguena again...

Phantom Regiment- Shostakovich's 5th again... That show was wonderful back in 96, or they can do anything from Beethoven... I love Beethoven too much! :rolleyes:

The Cavaliers- I think what they need to do is have another powerful show like for the past two years, but add things slowly so that they can keep building GE. But I would like to hear them play Skeetches on a Tudor Psalm, Movement for Rosa, and maybe... Niagara Falls again?? Who knows, they know what they are doing! :thumbup:

I would like to see Troopers do a retro show, ala Madison, with a major push to GE in every section. There are so many songs that could be updated to fit the more musical slant that Troopers have been pushing for since 2007. It would also be nice to have a percussion section which is more central to the show concept.

I hereby officially dare any corps to create a show revolving around a non-prime number. Years, (i.e 1930,) don't count! Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell, Cavies in 2001 with Four Corners is the only show that might have already qualified. So bring it! As incentive, I'll buy the designer a non-prime number of beers.

Edited by troon8
  • Like 1

<I hereby officially dare any corps to create a show revolving around a non-prime number. Years, (i.e 1930,) don't count! Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can tell, Cavies in 2001 with Four Corners is the only show that might have already qualified. So bring it! As incentive, I'll buy the designer a non-prime number of beers. >

Well...so the secret is out! Cavaliers have unofficially announced the 2012 show concept:

High School Drinking Confidential: An expose of the rampant beer drinking in the nation's high school band programs.

Central to this show, and woven through in a Bach-like texture and undercurrent (think 'Dies Irae' or Academy's 'Little Fugue' motifs...) is the touching and heart rending folk song, One Hundred Bottles of Beer.

The Cavaliers will make you laugh as the kids sing a happy song...and they'll make you cry as the bus crashes and the tuba and piccolo players must work together to save the bassoonist who, though only 14 years old, has consumed 2/3rds of the band's 100 bottles...

The rousing ending will leave you cheering, and crying, as they ring his grave with bagpipes (no working bassoons were available...all the reed tools were destroyed in the crash) and sing him to heaven with his favorite song!

Edited by FHdork