Remember when...

DCI Telecast  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you miss the telecast?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

it's been so long, I've gotten used to it not being there and I don't miss it. Plus like Jim said, the chopped up shows always grated on my nerves

it's been so long, I've gotten used to it not being there and I don't miss it. Plus like Jim said, the chopped up shows always grated on my nerves

What was the one year, the commentators talked over top of the shows? Couldn't figure out if they were doing a Dick Button (VERY annoying figure skating announcer) or didn't realize the mic was on. Since it was chopped I wondered if PBS chopped anything really embarassing.

"You ate the chili dogs too right??? Do you have horrific gas too?"

With all of the additional channels available via cable & satellite TV, It really is disappointing that DCI finals isnt broadcast on one of them.

• Like 1

What was the one year, the commentators talked over top of the shows? Couldn't figure out if they were doing a Dick Button (VERY annoying figure skating announcer) or didn't realize the mic was on. Since it was chopped I wondered if PBS chopped anything really embarassing.

"You ate the chili dogs too right??? Do you have horrific gas too?"

'82 -- year two in Montreal. And, only the winner's show was shown in full. At least DCI had the sense to remove that # # # # from the Legacy DVD's.

With all of the additional channels available via cable & satellite TV, It really is disappointing that DCI finals isnt broadcast on one of them.

Especially since different channels show essentially the same shows with minor tweaks.

How many storage locker auction shows do we have?

After 1976 I watched it on TV...ordered pizza and wings and enjoyed. Now you have to pay to see it at the movie theater with band geeks. LOL

After 1976 I watched it on TV...ordered pizza and wings and enjoyed. Now you have to pay to see it at the movie theater with band geeks. LOL

Or pay to see it on your couch at home with pizza and wings via internet whenever you want to. During the summer Saturday night drum corps shows are a weekly party at my place: friends come over, there's food and beverages, and I hook the computer up to the HD TV and watch drum corps on my couch every week. Awesome times!

Really, unless you're a cheap skate, it is FAR easier to watch DCI shows whenever you want, wherever you want in good quality now than it ever has been.

Especially since different channels show essentially the same shows with minor tweaks.

How many storage locker auction shows do we have?

HEY HEY HEY.

Not trying to get off topic here, but man. Storage wars is one of my favorite shows! That and some food network stuff.

Well anyway. I was only able to watch the broadcast of the 2007 dci finals. The commentary provided before and after the corps were actually really cool, but what really bugged me was the fact that the full show was never shown (missed some awesome Cadets stuff). Really wish they could bring it back, but be able to show the FULL shows. Aw well.

They should find a channel like Versus that is relegated to have its flagship sport being the NHL (which in the USA is not that big anymore), and broadcast the whole thing. Well, minus all the edited portions for sync rights, etc.

But yes, I do miss the PBS broadcast. My friends and I would always get together and watch it.

• Like 1