Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

Mars really wouldn't make sense.

It wouldn't make sense with the overall "theme" of the other 3 pieces, being airy, good, positive. Not aggressive and haunting like Mars.

It also wouldn't make sense as part of their Old, New, Borrowed, Blue. Since the only one left is Borrowed, (Jupiter according to SCV is their Old) Mars as the Borrowed would be, silly.

Cavaliers have played Mars 3 times. It would make sense to me that it's the "borrowed" piece.

Haha. We should keep going with the wedding theme. I just come here for a good laugh every once in a while

Edited by Pipifer

Haha. We should keep going with the wedding theme. I just come here for a good laugh every once in a while

I thought the old, new, borrowed, blue hint had to be for a wedding - consider me among those duped. I figured (hoped) SCV would be a little more sophisticated than actually using music that was old, new, borrowed, and blue. I'm still hoping that's just a music hint and not the actual theme of the show.

I read last week on the SCV Facebook page the the actual show title and concept would be announced shortly. The old, new, borrowed, and blue was simply for teaser purposes.

Also, no offense to the 2006 Spirit show but I'd like to think that SCV's creative staff is intelligent enough to do something more than rehash that show concept.

Edited by gbass598
  • Like 2

I read last week on the SCV Facebook page the the actual show title and concept would be announced shortly. The old, new, borrowed, and blue was simply for teaser purposes.

Also, no offense to the 2006 Spirit show but I'd like to think that SCV's creative staff is intelligent enough to do something more than rehash that show concept.

Dollars to donuts, it won't have anything to do with "Old, New, Borrowed, Blue". Definitely thinking it's just a tease.

Although, since it is drum corps where "everything is made up and the points don't matter", I could be totally wrong.

From the SCV Facebook page:

The 2012 Santa Clara Vanguard program isn't quite ready for an official announcement, but here are four hints to the musical selections, as described by this photo.

376523_10150523019190336_20586520335_11027153_796003459_n.jpg

Any ideas?

Presents! I like presents. This will be like an Oprah "Favorite Things" show where you look under your stadium seat and find presents. With the new judging system, I'll vote for them to win because I like presents!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...