Bluecoats 2012

they looked awesome at the movies!!!!

I was disappointed with final outcome and think guard got completely ripped off!!! both should have been higher

I'll be honest... I haven't cared to much for Bluecoats shows, outside of certain moments (e.g., The Boxer), since the change to the darker uni in 2007. 2012 Bluecoats is easily my favorite since then. Really enjoyed the musical selections and the arranging. Actually, from the theater broadcast, I was happy to like the musical presentations by all six corps.

This will be a great year.

My favorite hornline of the show tonight. Such rich sounds coming from this line. They are playing those horns the way they are meant to be played. :-) can't wait to see them at the end of the season.

• Like 1

My favorite hornline of the show tonight. Such rich sounds coming from this line. They are playing those horns the way they are meant to be played. :-) can't wait to see them at the end of the season.

Are you sure they were not a little... pitchy?

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Wow. I haven't posted on this site in well over 5 years! Welcome back!

I'll be honest, after watching some videos on YouTube I was a little down on it. I had high hopes of it being this really dark, beautiful, and intense show. Well, I was wrong and everything I hoped it would be it is! I'm still humming the opening fanfare of Masquerade. Doug Thrower, no doubt, is one of the best writers out there! The horns are playing well, but kuddos need to be given to Doug on his writing.

• Like 2

This show is in my top 3 so far this year. Very much enjoyed it. Love the Phantom of the Opera music. They have such a big and lush sound, and that battery was smokin! I am so glad I went to the theater tonight. Man, I have really missed drum corps since Finals last year. I have been looking forward to this day for weeks. Very excited I get to see Bloooo again this Saturday in Woodbury, MN and then again at DCI Minnesota. I will be interested to see and hear what the show is like in person. Even on the bigscreen you could tell there was a lot of power in this year's corps. Yay!!!

Does anyone have any info on the Bluecoats forward marching technique? During the theater broadcast, it appeared they were going toe first ALL the time. I've seen plenty of groups go toe first at slow tempos, but I don't know that I've seen a group go toe first at all tempos. I don't know if going toe first all the time appeals to me or not, but I was wondering the thought process behind the use of the toe first.

Z

Are you sure they were not a little... pitchy?

:rolleyes:

It may depend on which theater you're in, but in mine, every corps sounded fantastic. Besides the obvious late releases or early attacks, everything was great. But some recordings are kind of like magic, all the dirt goes away.

It may depend on which theater you're in, but in mine, every corps sounded fantastic. Besides the obvious late releases or early attacks, everything was great. But some recordings are kind of like magic, all the dirt goes away.

Haha the pitchy comment is an inside joke. A guy had the nerve to come on here to call Crown young, immature, and completely pitchy.