DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

I vote for the Bay area here in Cali.

Plenty of hotels

Lots of schools for rehearsal facilities

Great Vacation spot (San Francisco, Wine Country, great beaches)

---Amazing Weather---

Some great venues (Stanford, new 49ers stadium?)

and there's a huge drum corps scene here on the west coast. Yeah the only DCA corps are us and Dream. But this would be a great opportunity to expand DCA in the western region.

submit a bid

It would be hard to beat Annapolis for the championship. It's the best all worlds. As far as Winston-Salem goes--I would love it. I covered the Winston-Salem show for Drum Corps World for years and it is only a 2 hour drive from where I live. However for the Northeast corps add 5 1/2 hours further South to their trip. Lane Stadium in Blacksburg wouldn't make a bad venue. Being that it is a college football town (Virginia Tech) they should be able to handle the crowd. It's still 4 hours further South than Annapolis.The DCI show in Salem, VA about 20 minutes away sells out every year. Salem, VA stadium is a great facility, they hold the NCAA Division III Football Championship there) however it only seats about 3500. . Another place to consider would be James Madison's University facility in Harrisonbug, VA. It is aobut 2 hours further South than Annapolis.

Scott Smith

Roanoke, VA

It would be hard to beat Annapolis for the championship. It's the best all worlds. As far as Winston-Salem goes--I would love it. I covered the Winston-Salem show for Drum Corps World for years and it is only a 2 hour drive from where I live. However for the Northeast corps add 5 1/2 hours further South to their trip. Lane Stadium in Blacksburg wouldn't make a bad venue. Being that it is a college football town (Virginia Tech) they should be able to handle the crowd. It's still 4 hours further South than Annapolis.The DCI show in Salem, VA about 20 minutes away sells out every year. Salem, VA stadium is a great facility, they hold the NCAA Division III Football Championship there) however it only seats about 3500. . Another place to consider would be James Madison's University facility in Harrisonbug, VA. It is aobut 2 hours further South than Annapolis.

Scott Smith

Roanoke, VA

not nearky enough hotel facilities near JMU.

Bay Area, CA. Specifically Santa Clara,CA after the new 49ers stadium is built. We are located in the dead center of the Silicon Valley, the Convention Center is on the other side of the stadium along with several hotels. The stadium is located right next to a Theme Park, so you can bring the kids. And I would only have to drive 5min to get to the stadium :)

• Like 2

None that I am aware of (and I can see it from my office).

Not knocking it because I haven't been there BUT if people are complaining about the prices of things (hotel, food, etc.) in Annapolis, they really aren't going to like it here.

Not knocking it because I haven't been there BUT if people are complaining about the prices of things (hotel, food, etc.) in Annapolis, they really aren't going to like it here.

But just think of the great Portugese restaurants on Ferry Street about a 2-minute drive from the stadium! :thumbup:

Not going to disagree with you. But for some reason people have a tendency to freak over prices if they aren't in line to exactly what they have at home. Knowing that Dino here is more expensive than Rochester's Dino I can already hear the whining on that now if RedWing Stadium got the DCA contract. :ph34r:

Red Bull Stadium

Santos+FC+v+New+York+Red+Bulls+ySWipHWx_sql.jpg

Looks pretty nice. Have there been any band shows in this stadium?

real grass isn't it? Given the chance of Labor Day weather, that could be dicey

Personally, I found Annapolis to actually be less expensive for me than Rochester...hotel was definitely cheaper, not quite as nice but certainly not a dump and comfortable enough (I've already reserved there for next year). I found the restaurant prices to be comparable, air fare into Baltimore was very reasonable and I got a decent rate on car rental. This cost much less than it would have to have done DCI in Indy. Food at the stadium was kind of pricey, so we didn't eat there.