Cadets Uniforms 2012

A group could come out in over-alls and straw hats for all I care. If they march well, play well, and have a design well suited to the membership---I'll like it.

When I think back about shows I really love, I seldom think of the corps uniforms and RARELY think of the guard uniforms. I'm probably in the minority, but the other facets just really take over in my mind.

Actually a corps in Southern Tier NY State wore that uniform in 60s/70s. I think they were the Mark Twain Cadets but could have been another one from down there - bibed overalls and straw hat.

As someone said before, the uniforms can be treated as "costumes" sometimes, like in the case of "Angles and Demons." The show wouldn't have been the same without the split uniforms. I actually would have been surprised with they DIDN'T use the white uniforms. They have them....they are doing a Christmas show....why not?

Though next season, I would like to see the good old normal uniforms back.

I saw George Hopkins dropkick a koala bear in the lobby at the DCI Annual Meeting hotel just to see how far it would fly. :ph34r:

He was testing it out to see if he could use that in their pre-show for this year.

Blimps make everything better.

Mike

Except Lakehurst, NJ.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

BooBoo,

As I understand it, Hop was unsuccessful with the drop kick because the Koala would not let go of his leg. Rumor has it he was using eucalyptus cologne.

Kevin

BTW maroon was not the only drum major trim color. The Cadets used gold trim for dozens of years on their DM's unis.

I was amused by the comment about straw hats. Didn't VK wear straw hats and tropical shirts one season?

BooBoo,

As I understand it, Hop was unsuccessful with the drop kick because the Koala would not let go of his leg. Rumor has it he was using eucalyptus cologne.

Kevin

BTW maroon was not the only drum major trim color. The Cadets used gold trim for dozens of years on their DM's unis.

I was amused by the comment about straw hats. Didn't VK wear straw hats and tropical shirts one season?

1982-83 they wore red Vans, khaki pants, red Hawaiian shirts and straw hats (LOVED that uni!). In 1984 they kept the Vans and straw hat but switched to red pants, a bright yellow shirt and awhite coat...

VelvetKnights.jpg

Edited by skajerk