Drum Corps "Why didn'ts...."

I feel this comment is totally incorrect. BD could barely do their show in 2005. It was their worst show of the decade.

plainviewjokekiller.jpg

If thats the worst mistake of your life, you are either very young, or you are friggin good at making life choices.

LOL as I've wondered if marching my Sr year in college was a mistake as I may have ended up with a different carrer path. Oh well, no arrests, divorces, firings or stalkers (that I know of) so can't complain that much. But kinda goes along with people getting worked up so bad about anyone who diagrees with them or what "their" corps does. If that's so #### high on their priority list, they have it pretty easy.

s/ Guy who lost count how many ER, ICU and hospital visits he made over the last 18 months. And this year we've added Nursing Care vists.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So this thread is dedicated to all those "Why didn't this happen...."

Why didn't the Bluecoats beat SCV in 2011? Some even said Boston should have beaten SCV.....

Why does it seem the judges have trouble dropping SCV (in a handful of recent seasons..outside of 2005) in placement?

Sorry SCV and fans/alums......love the corps overall and class....some of the finals placements (Especially 2011) makes me :blink: .

• Like 4

Why didn't the Bluecoats beat SCV in 2011? Some even said Boston should have beaten SCV.....

Why does it seem the judges have trouble dropping SCV (in a handful of recent seasons..outside of 2005) in placement?

Sorry SCV and fans/alums......love the corps overall and class....some of the finals placements (Especially 2011) makes me :blink: .

Check the recaps. Apparently SCV scores well enough to beat those other corps. Just look at last year. Yeah, their brass was in about 10th, but their percussion was 4th at Finals, and everything else hovered around 6th, so it balanced out.

It doesn't seem to be the judges fault, there is no big DCI conspiracy. They put corps where they deserve, based on their performance that night.

• Like 1

my bad. Why didn't they win in 2010? Well...guard, and also Cavies and BD were better

Last I checked, our guard wasn't our crutch that season. In fact, they tied with BD on semis. I just don't understand how Cavaliers beat us musically that night. Timing of attacks, releases and inconsistency in sound player to player. I mean, I understand those opening stabs are hard to get together but jeez does demand out weigh achievement on finals?

Why didn't Santa Clara or the Blue Devils win in 1988 rather than the Madison Scouts?

Because they weren't as good on finals night.

• Like 1

Something I wonder about is with all the collective experience on this site, why more of us are not judges. Yes, I understand family and work obligations that prevent it. I also understand that we may have Corps staff members who are commenters, whose identities must be protected by their handles and who would certainly have a conflict of interest if they were judges.

I've done some judging in not only music, but a lot of other areas. It is not an easy job, but I've never served with anyone who didn't have standards of integrity and objectivity.

I think we also should remember that there is more than one judge in most of the performance areas, so if one is scoring high and the other low they arguably offset.

Ultimately, though the results are history. We all have access to the sheets. Boo posts them. If some IT genius wants to work on the last 50 years of scoring and do a regression analysis, have at it. As has been said, the winner is the Corps with the highest score.

Kevin