Carolina Crown 2012

Is that the vid where you hear Klesch at the end "a little bit off the tracks there but" ? Made me lol !

Heard the guard put the closer on the field (drill and work!) in a day and a half :-) They really *are* super heroes this year :colgate:

And they did it by using their cellphones and looking at coordinates! Sounds really superheroish! Could this be the demise of the dot book??

No other hornline would attempt the things that Crown is doing this year. Triple tonguing fanfares on the move at 196, ridiculous runs in all sections, twelve tone series licks at piano, also on the move, rapidly alternating chromatic runs and lip slurs, etc.

Man, you've got to go watch some late-90s Cadets videos. Those guys used to throw it all up against the wall, back when difficulty mattered.

• Like 3

The demand is there and Crown IMO,gets there show extremely clean by end of season so I would think GE numbers will be hard to beat.

How can judges not reward 150 virtuoso's on the field? Having said that, it seems that the corps from who I have seen or heard (Cadets,

Phantom and Crown) are on their game. Looking forward to a great season!!

• Like 1

The demand is there and Crown IMO,gets there show extremely clean by end of season so I would think GE numbers will be hard to beat.

How can judges not reward 150 virtuoso's on the field? Having said that, it seems that the corps from who I have seen or heard (Cadets,

Phantom and Crown) are on their game. Looking forward to a great season!!

BD, Blooo, and Cavies sound good too. I'd bet SCV is better than they've been in a long time too. Could be a scary good year! thumbup.gif

• Like 2

Man, you've got to go watch some late-90s Cadets videos. Those guys used to throw it all up against the wall, back when difficulty mattered.

1997: "Year of the Dragon" is one of my all-time favorite Cadet pieces.

• Like 1

Hah, was just talking about a that show in another thread! Music and drill were insane! thumbup.gif

Exactly the first thing I thought of when I read Sam's post. I used to have the T-Shirt from the show, that had the music for the opening runs on the back...

Exactly the first thing I thought of when I read Sam's post. I used to have the T-Shirt from the show, that had the music for the opening runs on the back...

I wish I had marched that show. :sad: