How Can DCI and Corps Engage us Next Couple Weeks?

So...with another off season filled with whispers and secrecy about what is going on with the corps almost behind us (Thankfully), what could DCI and the corps do in the next couple of weeks to get fans in gear for the upcoming season?

My ideas,

So...a really good number of corps will spend the next couple of weeks in camp-style rehearsals. I say DCI should try to coordinate the following to gear everyone (Mainly the fans) up...

Completely voluntary participation from the corps by the way....

Ask each corps to submit the corps best or most unique meal (Be it breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack). Let the fans vote on it. Maybe even post ups the winning meals recipe

Ask each corps to present what they feel is their 2012 shows most unique or exciting show moment to date? And of coarse have the fans weigh in or even vote for their favorite

One for whole corps

One for hornline

One for drumline

One for pit

One for color guard

One for marching

Or which corps has the best camp/practice facility?

Or which corps has the worst camp/practice facility?

What is a corps most comical volunteer?

Your ideas....thoughts ?

So...with another off season filled with whispers and secrecy about what is going on with the corps almost behind us (Thankfully), what could DCI and the corps do in the next couple of weeks to get fans in gear for the upcoming season?

My ideas,

So...a really good number of corps will spend the next couple of weeks in camp-style rehearsals. I say DCI should try to coordinate the following to gear everyone (Mainly the fans) up...

Ask each corps to submit the corps best or most unique meal (Be it breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack). Let the fans vote on it. Maybe even post ups the winning meals recipe

Ask each corps to present what they feel is their 2012 shows most unique or exciting show moment to date? And of coarse have the fans weigh in or even vote for their favorite

One for whole corps

One for hornline

One for drumline

One for pit

One for color guard

One for marching

Your ideas....thoughts ?

Waffles for breakfast.

• Like 3

My ideas,

One for whole corps

One for hornline

One for drumline

One for pit

One for color guard

One for marching

Your ideas....thoughts ?

If it is like stealing the nuclear launch codes to try and get a corps to announce what their show is going to be (which some still have not fully released yet), what leads you to believe that they would participate in something like this? This may be WAY too top secret info for some to divulge...

My point is that there SHOULD be a way for DCI/each corps to engage their fans in the offseason (the end of August rolls around way too quickly, and then we're pretty much in the same boat that we are now). I believe that the Cadets hit upon something when they decided to treat their fans in this manner. Every corps/DCI could take the lead from them, but they probably won't, because we don't want this kind of information falling into the hands of the terrorists...

Edited by Quad Aces
  • Like 3

I think it'd be cool if each corps had a beat writer like sports teams do. Maybe have an article every few days talking about the corps progress throughout the season.

You mean like this from the Cadets?

http://storify.com/TheCadets

Series of Blog posts from Spring training thus far. An article every few days? How about 17 entries in the past 8 days! Incredibly detailed and nothing left hidden, and pictures to boot. Cadets top of their game... again.

And once they get All Access up and running again fans will literally be overwhelmed in FREE material.

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

You mean like this from the Cadets?

http://storify.com/TheCadets

Series of Blog posts from Spring training thus far. An article every few days? How about 17 entries in the past 8 days! Incredibly detailed and nothing left hidden, and pictures to boot. Cadets top of their game... again.

And once they get All Access up and running again fans will literally be overwhelmed in FREE material.

Woo!

Cadets are in a league of their own when it comes to engaging with fans.... especially on the off season.

Blogs, webinars, youtube clips, ask George etc.

• Like 5