Cadets2 Performance

If a 30 year old is allowed to audition by the rules it does not mean they will have a spot.

come on,...............how often do you really think this happens in DCA,.........maybe a corps or two, but in the DCA world, corps can find a place for most anybody,.......

come on,...............how often do you really think this happens in DCA,.........maybe a corps or two, but in the DCA world, corps can find a place for most anybody,.......

Well I don't know. I guess in Cadets2 case if they allowed a 30 year old that would be 1 highschooler that wouldn't get a position.

ok...so translation, if people wanted to change the rules because of C2, it would affect your corps as well.

thank you for proving my point.

No, it would not effect The Kilties at all.

We follow "our" organizational by-laws for internal matters and setting standards (as example) such as age.

By-laws are the "heart and soul" of any non-profit organization, so much so that to apply to obtain status of a federally and state recognized non-profit an organization must submit their by-laws as a part of the process; and submit any changes which may occur after being granted a non-profit status.

DCA is wisely an open age organization structured as an association of North American corps and chartered as such; any change in the DCA philosophy by change in the association's by-laws of being less inclusive will change DCA, but not The Kilties.

As far as any top age cap with any separate organization's existing by-laws (no matter what activity); I venture to ascertain it "mostly" has to do with their funding (i.e. "money") and seeking donations and qualifying grants for "youth activities".

If I recall, DCA is similar to most all strongly organized and structured drum corps association's in the rest of the world, being open age in philosophy. Whereas DCI is actually an exception to the world norm with an age cap.

...(Whilst people Rant Cadets2 Rehearse)...

...Can't wait till August !!!!

Love this quote, especially because it uses the word "whilst". You guys really class up this forum. Can't wait to see you at Annapolis!

Well I don't know. I guess in Cadets2 case if they allowed a 30 year old that would be 1 highschooler that wouldn't get a position.

Only if the positions were totally full. No idea what is full in C2 just throwing that out (as opposed to throwing up).

That's a really interesting and instructive story. It points to the heart of the Buccaneer's organization, which I have tremendous respect for. A parallel event happened with Minnesota Brass in that era as well. MBI lost the Drum Corps Midwest championship to the Kilties in 1997 for the first time since 1983. That helped propel Minnesota Brass to their first 5th-place finish at DCA in 1998.

1978 Westshoremen beat the Buccs for the first (two) times ever as the Buccs really were having an off season for them. 1979 and 1980???? Well Buccs were DCA Champs... According to MartyBuccs who used to post here, the corps wasn't disheartened by the off season but used it as a push for the following year. Sounds like what Fran posted.

And MBI.... always a class organization since they came to DCA in the late 70s. LOL, we shared a practice area (island in the middle of the Susquehanna River) for 1979 DCA at Hershey.

Love this quote, especially because it uses the word "whilst". You guys really class up this forum. Can't wait to see you at Annapolis!

One aim's to please :smile:

Geez, 31 pages of comments on C2 performance and they have even performed yet....

Its out there you just have to find it..

After the Show" Cadets2 Exhibition @ 2012 Beanpot Invitational - BFDTV

here's the problem...it will bite other corps in the ###. I know of at least Kilties that have rules in place about members under 18. So they would have to change their rules as well...and there may be others

I realize that. I am specifically hypothesizing a rule prohibiting corps for instituting age caps. Bottom limits would still be allowed.

Realistically, I don't see this working, and it would be pretty transparent as to why it is being suggested, but it's not like we haven't had "corps-specific" rules before... (See: The Renegade Rule)