CADETS NNJ DEBUT

Haha, well those shows were a bit before my time (and next time I'm researching before I post). Those shows have me hyped up now, though.

Heh,

That was the point of the post ( to get you hyped about THIS year's show and to show people that this theme can work)!

• Like 1

It was a nice twist on christmas. I think I shall call it

Cadetmas.

• Like 1

was the guard wearing their elf costumes ....

Francisco....franCIScooo

And naturally the pit has to be amazing. Moyer's arranging skills are ridiculously good (and he is one ridiculously good percussionist himself).

I thought the great Ian Grom arranged the Front Ensemble book. I'll check Cadet's site.

A Christmas themed drum corps show is uncharted territory? No, not really. I like what I see from Cadets so far though (minus the "Oh yea" samples in the show which do not sound good)... thumbup.gif

Phantom Regiment 1987

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAs3HsGPdw8

I keep forgetting that '87 Regiment had Christmas music in it.

The phrase "Oh My God - What Happened to Regiment?" was used twice in a two year period.

1986 - with worry

1987 - with amazement and awe

I keep forgetting that '87 Regiment had Christmas music in it.

The phrase "Oh My God - What Happened to Regiment?" was used twice in a two year period.

1986 - with worry

1987 - with amazement and awe

'87 was Song for the Winter Palace or something like that, but the music was Swan Lake and The Nutcracker, both seem to be Christmas time songs...

Umm, ok. I'm still a little skeptical about this show, but so far, they're sucking me into it. I'm intrigued.

Me too. :smile:

I like that I hear complete musical thoughts and phrases.

I'm looking forward to the Sevierville show to get a good look at this live. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

I'd also think they must have had the easiest time getting licensing rights out of all the corps. Aren't a lot of these base songs public domain?

Beat me to it - I don't suspect we'll have any of this show chopped from the Blu Rays due to licensing issues! Perhaps the rights budget was used for the new unis!