Cadets 2012

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the singer, mainly because I think they snuck a little bit of this into the pit, underneath the Charlie Brown and Grinch talking.

LOVE Edward!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMxLczdVLc

I heard the same thing too! Not sure if it's directly from That score but it has such a Danny ElfmaN feel about it that's awesome!

I love it including the singing! I don't mind the company fronts. Cadets, can we have a little jazz running there, too? Ha! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the changes in the ballad. I dig it:)

I heard the same thing too! Not sure if it's directly from That score but it has such a Danny ElfmaN feel about it that's awesome!

It's either the part that starts around 1:12 in the clip or they created something that approximates it very closely. As soon as I heard it I thought of Edward.

Don't mean to change the subject off of the closer, but this video is too awesome not to share:

Where can I see the vid of the new changes?

I think they need more going on during those new sound clips -- during the pit, or hornline playing backfield, something.

I think the pit or a solo horn should play the "in excelsis deo" line, not the singer clip.

I also think the second company front seems overkill; I liked the X from before, but I can see how the company front ending is more exciting.

I also can see how the new material leading into the gloria company front makes the ending (especially from the fish on) much more effective and climactic. It's the buildup and payoff -- there was a good ending in there before, but it didn't have the buildup to accentuate the payoff.

So, I'm sure it's still being tweaked, but it's a step in the right direction.

I think they need more going on during those new sound clips -- during the pit, or hornline playing backfield, something.

I think the pit or a solo horn should play the "in excelsis deo" line, not the singer clip.

I also think the second company front seems overkill; I liked the X from before, but I can see how the company front ending is more exciting.

The initial quote part, with a few statements with Scissorhands under it is wonderful. After that, where they do a "white noise" effect with a jumble of statements loses me a bit. It's a little too close to "I believe in hard work!" "I believe in community!", etc. etc. Perhaps some building backfield playing will be added under that at some point.

It would be interesting if the second front dissolved as it pushes forward, with individuals stopping on one knee or various staggered poses as the rest continue forward. Might really personalize it. Right now it doesn't have much in the way of surprise.

The initial quote part, with a few statements with Scissorhands under it is wonderful. After that, where they do a "white noise" effect with a jumble of statements loses me a bit. It's a little too close to "I believe in hard work!" "I believe in community!", etc. etc. Perhaps some building backfield playing will be added under that at some point.

It would be interesting if the second front dissolved as it pushes forward, with individuals stopping on one knee or various staggered poses as the rest continue forward. Might really personalize it. Right now it doesn't have much in the way of surprise.

Agreed. I personally preferred the writing the brass had in the previous buildup to closer, but I can't say the new ending is less effective.