Cavaliers in danger of missing finals?

I think there are many times laughing during a performance is valid. (VK & Bridgemen come to mind)

"Stop! You have the right to remain silent" :thumbup:

I have no doubt Cavaliers will make finals....probably 7 - 9th. Remember though, this is what makes me a little sad......top 12 is great but quality corps lie just beneath the big dance also......they work hard, sweat hard sacrifice, and desire to do good just as those above them...not making the top 12 does not mean failure, it just means other corps were ranked higher than you..The Cavaliers design, while flawed right now, even with changes, is still a top finalist design, but if they dont make it, they should be proud of the fact that they never gave up, entertained, and the world doesnt end at 13th.

Geoffrey

• Like 3

All I'm going to say is Mike McIntosh had better remove his own access to Facebook, as some of his comments reflect incredibly poorly on both The Cavaliers and himself. Sorry he's having a bad year, and that teenagers aren't digging his drums, but ... c'mon. During tour is not the place to argue with armchair quarterbacks, especially teenaged ones.

Mike

• Like 2

1342207181[/url]' post='3170988']

All I'm going to say is Mike McIntosh had better remove his own access to Facebook, as some of his comments reflect incredibly poorly on both The Cavaliers and himself. Sorry he's having a bad year, and that teenagers aren't digging his drums, but ... c'mon. During tour is not the place to argue with armchair quarterbacks, especially teenaged ones.

Mike

Whoa!

Edited by flammaster

Mike

Personally, I love the fact that he's standing up for his men. Its disgusting some of the things people are writing on facebook (and these forums). I saw someone write that the 9 dollar signs on the drums, represent 9th place that the Cavies drumline is gonna get. Or 15 must represent 15th place that the Cavies are going to place. To hear about how the shows a "joke" and people are laughing at the show...really? Do you know how many shows in the the 20+ years i've been following drum corps, that have been way more a "joke" then Cavies 2012?

Everyone keeps asking "whats wrong with DCI", "whats wrong with drum corps"? I think the fans are alot to do with the problem. Its these "armchair quarterbacks" that are hurting the activity. When I marched, the stands were full and the crowds would jump to their feet mulitple times during the show. Corps woulding get standing O's before taking the field, there was passion and enjoyment from the fans. Now when I go to shows, I listen to people constantly complain about the shows, people politely clap at the end of a performance, people criticize every decision a corps is making. Back in the day, people went to shows for the love not only of their favorite corps, but for the love of the activity. Now, most only show love for their favorite. Did we ever stop to think, that its us, as fans, who need to make some adjustments and not DCI?

As fans we need to stop with the "vulture" attitude (stop going in for the kill) and find ways to support the corps, no matter if they're in first or 22nd. Remember, Cavies may be having an "off year" in 2012, but that could be your favorite corps in 2013.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 5

I completely agree, GREENBLUE!

Everyone keeps asking "whats wrong with DCI", "whats wrong with drum corps"? I think the fans are alot to do with the problem. Its these "armchair quarterbacks" that are hurting the activity. When I marched, the stands were full and the crowds would jump to their feet mulitple times during the show. Corps woulding get standing O's before taking the field, there was passion and enjoyment from the fans. Now when I go to shows, I listen to people constantly complain about the shows, people politely clap at the end of a performance, people criticize every decision a corps is making. Back in the day, people went to shows for the love not only of their favorite corps, but for the love of the activity. Now, most only show love for their favorite. Did we ever stop to think, that its us, as fans, who need to make some adjustments and not DCI?

It's the fans, especially alumni (I heard the Cavies have around 70 thou on their twitter or however it's called) who support the activity. There are probably more old timers who are still interested as opposed to those who have aged out in the last ten years.

Maybe the fans when you marched enjoyed what was being performed more so than what's on the field recently. Possibly the majority of the older fans/alumni do not enjoy all the new additions to the overall productions.

Personally, I love the fact that he's standing up for his men. Its disgusting some of the things people are writing on facebook (and these forums). I saw someone write that the 9 dollar signs on the drums, represent 9th place that the Cavies drumline is gonna get. Or 15 must represent 15th place that the Cavies are going to place. To hear about how the shows a "joke" and people are laughing at the show...really? Do you know how many shows in the the 20+ years i've been following drum corps, that have been way more a "joke" then Cavies 2012?

As fans we need to stop with the "vulture" attitude (stop going in for the kill) and find ways to support the corps, no matter if they're in first or 22nd. Remember, Cavies may be having an "off year" in 2012, but that could be your favorite corps in 2013.

GREENBLUE, you are my hero after posting this!

Yep.