Teal Sound Ends Tour

I dont believe it would. A corps folding is different than a kid breaking an ankle or not being able to afford it.

Once you open the barn door, it's hard to get the animals back in. Create one exception, then everyone else wants one too

• Like 1

things on the internet arent factual often. We like to think it is BUT many are finding out that it isnt the best place for CORRECT info..just some sort of info. which again MANY times doesnt get a chance to work itself out nor present FACTS AS THEY ARE.or just things that hve no business out in the public...( not saying this subject shouldnt be out there though )The internet often is a place to fuel the fire..Many kids in our activity are finding out its not the best pace to vent about their day to day activities.

Well Hell now I agree with you... :tongue: Yes the subject should be out there but the caveat (as you said) is you might not find CORRECT info. I don't have any problem with posts that say "If...." and don't consider that finger pointing. But there are some blaming sides without any hard facts... stupid as Hades but there ya are....

And as a scorecard.. here's where I see the info coming from..

TS facebook pages with PO'ed parents and who knows what (LOL - my disclaimer here is I haven't looked there and going by what's discussed here).

Link posted few pages back which does make DCP look tame. Looked thru a few pages and good wishes and flames back and forth.

Threads on DCP stating some kind of problem with TS and bus company at start of season.

Secondhand info from TS parents and/or members

IOW - Nothing from the real source and from not all sides

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Well Hell now I agree with you... :tongue: Yes the subject should be out there but the caveat (as you said) is you might not find CORRECT info. I don't have any problem with posts that say "If...." and don't consider that finger pointing. But there are some blaming sides without any hard facts... stupid as Hades but there ya are....

I thought that maybe there was a misunderstanding when I read your back and forth posts. Glad you guys got it straightened out! :smile:

I thought that maybe there was a misunderstanding when I read your back and forth posts. Glad you guys got it straightened out! :smile:

Half I thought we were agreeing and half thought maybe guardling got the idea I wanted things to be hidden "business stayed your business". Wasn't sure so I checked....

Also a (bad) flashback to what's been going on at "that college" upstate. When my local paper (about 2 hours away) started reporting that "indictments may be given" lot of people thought it was horrible that this was told to the outside world or even being done.. In this case it was hard facts coming from the judicial system but some have the idea that any "beloved" organization should be shielded from bad publicity. Or the idea that any organization with a good rep or beloved can't ever.. ever... be less than 100% perfect in dealing with things.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

There is no way any due will be reimbursed.

Why? the kids paid for a full tour they aren't able to get. Inderstand the corps may have financial difficulties, but it should be reimbursed for the reaminder of the season

• Like 1

Especially when you put the quote in your response with the number still shown.

Good call!

This is a heart breaking situation for Teal, especially the kids.

As far as the comparisons with BAC and Teal, my guess is that the two situations are different (BAC's funds were stolen), but BAC's solution could be what saves Teal. BAC's alums and supporters took charge to save the corps at a time that the country had serious financial challenges and while BAC's pluck was admired, few expected the corps to survive, and for a while it looked shaky. Solid management allowed the corps to rebuild. For the past twenty years or so, BAC has done a great job reaching out to those who those who marched in other units in the Boston area. If you marched in a Boston area drum corps, drill team, or CYO band and you attend a BAC show you're family. So BAC's success is due to dedicated individuals making the modern day Crusaders a reality against the odds all while not losing its sense of tradition and finding a wider community to support its endeavors.

I do understand taht as I say this, BAC has a longer history than Teal Sound and the Boston area has more marching alums than Florida, but Teal Sound could have an advantage that some corps would not, Those who march d with St. Kevin's Emerald Knights, the Brassmen, Bridgemen who marched as St. Andrews, early 27th Lancers,etc. may be hitting retirement age and may headed to Florida (if funds allow in this economy). Could this be an untapped donor and volunteer base?

Finally, if we do not want to see other corps face what Teal Sound and Racine Scouts have faced, support your favorite corps. Attend shows. Stop at souvenir booths at shows and throw a couple of bucks in the fuel fund. If we want drum corps to continue, we have to support it and if we want to see Teal Sound return, we have to offer more than our warmest wishes.

The Teal Sound situation (that's what I'll call it since I do NOT know the facts behind the scenes) is not analagous to BAC 1982. Boston did, in fact, finish their season that year including going to Nationals and competing with its full membership and staff. Their reorganization happened in the off season.

Why? the kids paid for a full tour they aren't able to get. Inderstand the corps may have financial difficulties, but it should be reimbursed for the reaminder of the season

My guess is that the comment may be along the lines of trying to get 'blood out of a stone'...if they are stopping tour due to financial problems...do they have the funds to return to parents? Not whether or not it would be a good idea...just if it is possible financially.

• Like 1

I can see an ambulance chasing... opps... bus chasing... cadre of lawyers about to descend upon this scene.