grand prix scores

so my question is, does everybody agree with the placement's and spreads?

so my question is, does everybody agree with the placement's and spreads?

The 5 point spread was about wright I thought it would be more. Cabs over Hurricanes yes the Cabs show is I think there best show in years. I thought Fusion should have been above C2 and closer to the canes. C2 there show needs to add some more guard work and clean the whole show up. But for only there 1st show of the year good job. They have a real good drum line that might be a top line by years end.

You know what makes me laugh about this C2 thing?? If this were any other corps, everyone would be writing them off.

Take the relationship to YEA and Cadets out of the picture and just imagine this to be a new corps. If that corps came out in the MIDDLE OF JULY and were that far back in the standings, missing guard work, Really rough vis program, etc... Everyone on here would be saying things like, "not going to be top 5", or, "too much work to do".

But because it's Cadets, it's becoming apparent everyone automatically believes they just will be better. I fell for that too.

Bottom line, the same staff that everyone is expecting to get this corps 7 or so points better really quickly is the same staff that had the corps coming out mid July like they were last night.

Maybe I''m being too harsh. That's not my intention. I'm glad C2 is doing what they are doing. I'm just also glad to see they are just like everyone else.

In my mind, DCA is now as competitive as I hoped it would be. No C2 just running away with eveything like people predicted.

the problem with your assesment is that you cant take OUT of consideration that its Cadets..there is a proven trac record for the group. When a new corps usually starts it could be a hot mess of people, styles, work ethics etc etc....thats the HUGE Cadets2 edge

I do think they need to addrss that Guard FAST..but I feel the same about some others also..which could hold people back in the end. Im sure its on peoples to do lists.

Edited by GUARDLING

The Cadets2 drumline is no joke. I fully expect them to pass Hurcs and be nipping on Reading's heels by season's end. Looking at the recaps, it's pretty clear they were victims of performance order to some degree, which will continue over the next few weeks. At least the judges now have a baseline. I expect Cadets2 will close the gap to Hurcs/Cabs/ES very fast.

"Closing the Gap";

Maybe so. They will improve, as will Caballeros, Empire and the Hurricanes. NONE wiil sit still between Clifton and "Nationals".

From where I sat (Which was right in front of C-2's baritones) they will need about ten more bari's to fill out their voices (And make sense of their drill sets), as well as some endurance issues. I noted a general fatugue with the "Big Horns" and a loss of bearing (Guys out of step, phasing, running into each other) in their closer.

Congrats to the Bucc's on their win, and to all the corps and the Hawthorne organization for a great evening of drum corps in an old drum corps "Shrine"

Elphaba

• Like 1

Having been in a new DCA corps (1982 Bush) I know how tough it is to put a new corps on the field. We were a corps made up of members and staff from about nearly 10 different corps and styles. It took a while to find a "groove" that worked for us.

With Cadets2 I feel they have the staff and ideaology in place that will make it much easier for this corps to find the pace needed to make them the best that they can be in 2012. Please remember most of the staff come from established programs within the DCA and they know what it takes to improve each week. I will go out on a limb here and say im guessing they may have believed it was going to be a little easier than it has been fielding this corps this summer but lets remember the "parent" organization of this group, YEA! They know what they are doing in this game and they are smart enough to know what they need to do for success, Whatever "success" is in their mission.

Lets go back to 1982 at Don Bosco High School field at the first ever show of the Bushwackers, If we were told we were going to recieve a 72 and change with a penalty for undertime, I do believe we would have signed on the dotted line that night!!!!

I wouldnt count this group out of the hunt just yet!

Jay

Having been in a new DCA corps (1982 Bush) I know how tough it is to put a new corps on the field. We were a corps made up of members and staff from about nearly 10 different corps and styles. It took a while to find a "groove" that worked for us.

With Cadets2 I feel they have the staff and ideaology in place that will make it much easier for this corps to find the pace needed to make them the best that they can be in 2012. Please remember most of the staff come from established programs within the DCA and they know what it takes to improve each week. I will go out on a limb here and say im guessing they may have believed it was going to be a little easier than it has been fielding this corps this summer but lets remember the "parent" organization of this group, YEA! They know what they are doing in this game and they are smart enough to know what they need to do for success, Whatever "success" is in their mission.

Lets go back to 1982 at Don Bosco High School field at the first ever show of the Bushwackers, If we were told we were going to recieve a 72 and change with a penalty for undertime, I do believe we would have signed on the dotted line that night!!!!

I wouldnt count this group out of the hunt just yet!

Jay

while i commend C2 for what they have done me thinks everybody is putting to much emphasis on them. there are how many corps in DCA? does anybody think they will just sit still? the southern corps and midwest corps have yet to come north. and what about renegades? this could very well be all bunched up in the end and maybe C2 will or won't figure in. it's their first show so give them and the rest time. we will know by late august before we know what will happen. but let's not get all hung up on C2 and concentrate on the big picture. just my 2 cents.

The 5 point spread was about wright I thought it would be more. Cabs over Hurricanes yes the Cabs show is I think there best show in years. I thought Fusion should have been above C2 and closer to the canes. C2 there show needs to add some more guard work and clean the whole show up. But for only there 1st show of the year good job. They have a real good drum line that might be a top line by years end.

I agree in that I felt Fusion should have beaten Cadets2, and I thought both Sunrisers and Windsor Regiment were better than Bush. Sun and Windsor appeared to be far more prepared and polished than Bush, who put on a valiant effort. Too bad Sun doesn't have a bigger guard. I have to believe that's hurting them.

With Cadets2, I felt they made a great first impression, the opener being their best piece of music. As the show wore on, inexperience and perhaps much uncertainty with just-finished drill became very, very evident. The whole last minute or so was quite poor as compared to their start. There is much work to be done, for sure. The big question, to me, is: Will their experienced staff be able to overcome the apparent inexperience of much of the membership, especially in visual? I see great things ahead for Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs and Fusion as they continue to improve. It's shaping up to be an interesting season.

• Like 1

Who said they were running away with everything as predicted? Do they have a show that has the potential to be improved? Yes. In reality everyone should have a show for the same. Some are better written than others and can go farther with the staff and membership combining and pushing to achieve it. C2 is that type of show. With the remaining 6 weeks of the season they can do things to improve that show and push it to a level wherein they will be up with the top guns in some of their placements. Will they remains to be seen but with their 1st show under their belt I certain don't be thinking they remain in that placement for the rest of the year, nor do I see them winning the whole thing. But do a whole lot better? Oh yeah.....

Oh come on now... PLENTY of posts from many people since last year predicted C2 to be a powerhouse. I was one of them I'll admit it. And I'm not turning my back on this corps or predicting they will stay were they are.

The intention of my post was to point out how hypocritical people can be. I'm not calling out C2 or their staff in that post, I'm calling out my fellow DCP'ers, DCP'iets??..

I'll use this as an example... last year, a certain perennial Top 5 corps came out in Wildwood and during their performance, stood still for the final minute or so because either they did not know the drill, or did not want to perform it just yet... Either way, the posts on here were grim. Many, many people were making predictions this corps would have a tough year. I think only myself and maybe one other person defended them and said they would catch up and be just fine. The average comment centered around, "if your already behind, it's even harder to catch up".

Fast forward to last Saturday and we have another corps in a similar situation. Complete show sure, but MUCH work to be done. Much more than the other corps we all liken that program too, and honestly much more work than many of us probably expected. I mean honestly, show of hands, how many people predicted the corps would come out prepared and ready to go??? If your reading this right now, you probably should be raising your hand.... unless your at work, than someone will think your weird. w00t.gif

Yet even being behind, I don't see the same reactions I saw a year ago. Sure you have to give this group a little extra credit because they ARE who they are, but at the same time, as I said above... this is the same staff that had ALL YEAR to get the corps ready, and it's mid JULY, and we saw what we saw. Point is, and this isn't directed to anyone specifically, it's amazing how bias we can be.

I'm sure they will get much better. I'm not in any way crucifying them, or trying to be hard on them at all. I'm really impressed by the foundation they have put together and I have no doubt, within 3-5 years, they will have a DCA championship trophy sitting on someone's desk in Allentown. And honestly, that's a lot more than i can say for many other corps I support. As I said, I'm going after my fellow DCP friends on this one, not Cadets2.

• Like 2

I'll use this as an example... last year, a certain perennial Top 5 corps came out in Wildwood and during their performance, stood still for the final minute or so because either they did not know the drill, or did not want to perform it just yet... Either way, the posts on here were grim. Many, many people were making predictions this corps would have a tough year. I think only myself and maybe one other person defended them and said they would catch up and be just fine. The average comment centered around, "if your already behind, it's even harder to catch up".

Fast forward to last Saturday and we have another corps in a similar situation. Complete show sure, but MUCH work to be done. Much more than the other corps we all liken that program too, and honestly much more work than many of us probably expected. I mean honestly, show of hands, how many people predicted the corps would come out prepared and ready to go??? If your reading this right now, you probably should be raising your hand.... unless your at work, than someone will think your weird.

Difference is that a corps behind in Wildwood has a full season to catch up. A corps behind in mid July doesnt. I agree they will get better but they have less time to do so.

Edited by skeptic

Ok, so I didn't go to the show. Seens some bootlegs on Facebook and other places, and I have watched a seasons worth of speculation/drama/suspicion of Hopkins takeover plaots concerning C2.

Here's what it all boils down to:

First year corps.

The guy everyone fears has been on the road with his other corps...may have heard fo them.

Video out from a week ago shows an incomplete show, that has some great moment,s but shows they aren't done at that time.

This week they go out, show promise in some areas, show work is needed in other areas.

What does it all mean?

It's July.

Gotta give C2 credit.... no corps has shaken up DCA, in ways good and bad, like this in DECADES!

• Like 2