Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

ok my friend I agree with ya all day .but ya lost me here top 5 would be insane...although they have got attention......jmo...dont kill....lol

I do agree about judging system but would add many judges to this

I'll tell you what I'd like to see...Effect Music and Effect Visual completely disconnected from ensemble and performance. Completely. Just ONLY the effect. But I doubt the corps or the judges would ever let that happen. It's too ingrained, and in many minds, clean = effect.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I was referring specifically to people saying that they weren't booing the performers, they were booing the poor judging.

Booing the performer would happen immediately before, during or after a performance. Booing a score is not equivalent to booing a performer. It's a difference of opinion between the judges (collectively -- vast majority of the crowd doesn't know any of the judges) and the audience.

Again - I don't think people should boo.

And again -- the audience pretty much doesn't care what I think either :-\

They do what they do. You can decide to be personally offended or you can decide you really don't care about it.

Edited by corpsband

Well you can keep trying to make it an either/or all you like but you're wrong.

A fan who boo's because they like another show more is far different than a fan who is booing because they genuinely hate the BD. By trying to lump them all into an excuse is just YOU opining that's there's only one valid reason for booing a score (the judge made a mistake). In reality ALL the booing is just a difference of opinion. Even the judges scores are merely opinions -- there's no science or measurement behind their number -- it's just their subjective assessment of young people running around a football field.

I have not seen anyone here accuse people of hating BD. Why do you keep suggesting that people are saying that?

Regardless of your motivation, booing is rude, classless, and pathetic. It is a cowardly way to shame someone into changing their actions.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

/facepalm

Where has anyone said that people HATE BD? Yes, obviously several people hate BD's show, and I don't think anyone here would question why that is. Where has anyone said that the boos are motivated by pure hate for BD, as opposed to hating (or disliking) BD's show?

Setting up straw men is a great past time. It is a lot of fun to knock them down when no one is there to hold them up. It makes people feel really good about themselves.

Edited by jasgre2000
  • Like 1

Where has anyone said that people HATE BD? Yes, obviously several people hate BD's show, and I don't think anyone here would question why that is. Where has anyone said that the boos are motivated by pure hate for BD, as opposed to hating (or disliking) BD's show?

Setting up straw men is a great past time. It is a lot of fun to knock them down when no one is there to hold them up. It makes people feel really good about themselves.

This post is full of such amazing win that I'm just gonna let it stand as it is.

This post is full of such amazing win that I'm just gonna let it stand as it is.

Someone pushes your straw man over, and you run away like a little kid. Show me where anyone accused you or anyone else of hating BD or shut up already.

All the anti-booing comments I have seen here could be applied if any other corps had taken 1st. This has nothing to do with the fact that it is BD that won.

Edited by jasgre2000

Regardless of your motivation, booing is rude, classless, and pathetic. It is a cowardly way to shame someone into changing their actions.

Oh give me a freaking break.... blah blah blah...people don't like something then they boo--it's happened a long time in this activity. They have a right to do it and if you don't like it too #### bad. Too much bs "political correctness" around here...

CM

Edited by scout9193
  • Like 1