Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

Oh give me a freaking break.... blah blah blah...people don't like something then they boo--it's happened a long time in this activity. They have a right to do it and if you don't like it too #### bad. Too much bs "political correctness" around here...

CM

And I have a right to say it is classless and rude. Free speech works both ways ... live with it.

I Remember in the EARLY 70's when a few DRUM CORPS SHOW out west, trialed an APPLAUSE METER as part of the scores.....

THAT WAS THE GOOD OLE DAYS!!!

And I have a right to say it is classless and rude. Free speech works both ways ... live with it.

Personally I think all drum corps suck. I'm gonna boo each and every one of them when I spend my $125-per-seat for my VIP seats at Metlife stadium. :w00t:

• Like 1

Regardless of your motivation, booing is rude, classless, and pathetic. It is a cowardly way to shame someone into changing their actions.

What would brave would be if DCI arranged for the judges to come out after the show and explain to the audience why they scored as they did. Or make their tapes available. Seriously. If the problem is, as some have suggested, that the "average fan" doesn't understand why BD's show is so good --and therefore might get discouraged about the activity as a whole, and leave, thus driving down revenues-- it might be quite helpful for them to gain some insights into how quality should be measured. If a significant portion of the audience is wrong, as many BD fans seem to think, how can we make them a better audience?

Or at least the announcers at the cinema-casts could offer as much help as TV figure skating or gymnastics announcers? (Which admittedly isn't all that much: it's often mystifying why one athlete scores above another.)

What would brave would be if DCI arranged for the judges to come out after the show and explain to the audience why they scored as they did. Or make their tapes available. Seriously. If the problem is, as some have suggested, that the "average fan" doesn't understand why BD's show is so good --and therefore might get discouraged about the activity as a whole, and leave, thus driving down revenues-- it might be quite helpful for them to gain some insights into how quality should be measured. If a significant portion of the audience is wrong, as many BD fans seem to think, how can we make them a better audience?

Or at least the announcers at the cinema-casts could offer as much help as TV figure skating or gymnastics announcers? (Which admittedly isn't all that much: it's often mystifying why one athlete scores above another.)

Sounds like they should add the judging critiques back to the finals DVD/Blu-ray. :devil:

• Like 1

I completely agree. It would great if there were more access to the judge's reasoning ... or at least some kind of explanation for why one thing is judged to be better than another. I doubt they would ever release tapes, but I would love it if they did.

Edited by jasgre2000

Releasing judges tapes would only serve to reaffirm those that agree with the outcome and discourage those that don't, while giving both sides more ammunition to #####/praise.

Releasing judges tapes would only serve to reaffirm those that agree with the outcome and discourage those that don't, while giving both sides more ammunition to #####/praise.

Or, it could give people an idea of what the judges saw/heard and perhaps explain why they scored a certain corps the way they did. And it could draw people's attention to those certain areas where judges saw something wrong/right.

Someone pushes your straw man over, and you run away like a little kid. Show me where anyone accused you or anyone else of hating BD or shut up already.

All the anti-booing comments I have seen here could be applied if any other corps had taken 1st. This has nothing to do with the fact that it is BD that won.

It's usually from the BD fanatics. Some are alumni, some drink the Kool Aid everyday, some are just faithful fans. If you really want to know the answer to your question, pick any of the threads discussing BD's show. At the first sign of criticism, someone throws the "hate" card. If you can't find them, you aren't looking.

Garry in Vegas

Patiently waiting (and wanting) a BD show I can enjoy again

• Like 1

I think this is a fantastic idea! I would pay to hear the judges tapes! On so many levels, it would be fascinating to hear how the experts in this activity really arrive at the decisions they make.