Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

1343645782[/url]' post='3189105']

I'm watching Jersey Surf's show on rewind right now.

I think it must be a DCI problem. Tried on totally different computer and same problem.

If you think that all of the people booing are Crown people, your are as wrong as wrong can be.

If you think all people that are complaining about booing are BD people, you are equally as "wrong as can be."

It isn'tthe feed ... It is YOUR connection.

wrong. Came back in to re-read my comments Saturday...I felt I was too harsh later that day.

but it wasn't my connection. I did it on hard wired and wifi. issues both ways. cleaned everything our pre show, during show, rebooted....everything.

I had issues the whole way through.

I understand technology will have glitches, but I have had more issues this year than any other year back to 09. I've done everything suggested, and still issues.

I'm really dreading semis now to be honest. I get the Olymics jamming stuff up, but I had issues weeks ago when the world was normal

• Like 1

Again it's perfectly acceptable for YET ANOTHER BD HONK to read minds -- only this time MY MIND is being read too!

You guys are RIDICULOUS!

So now -- not only can you tell what all the audience thinks, you're reading my mind too? And I'm a liar??

BD honks this year are full of so much FAIL. doh.gif

You are correct. I forgot to mention I was clairvoyant.

• Like 1

That's EXACTLY what I thought. :thumbup:

There is a high cam, you know. (I guess you have to be a FN subscriber, though?)

When watching in multi-cam you would hope they would choose a humongous(MM & CG) cool drill move over the drummers standing there. Sorry drummers!

FINALLY got to watch Atlanta.

Blue Knights: what a difference a month makes! Saw the show live in Arizona and thought they'd be lucky to make Finals. So happy I was wrong. I really, really liked this show and their design choices. Such an improvement. Congrats!

Cavies: You have my vote for most improved. This show is sooooo entertaining and the guys know how to perform the hell out of it. Im not sure why the guard is getting criticized so much, the drill has them all over the field and the book seems to be just as hard as everyone infront of them. As a whole, the drill looks a thousand times better then earlier in the season and the musical/visual transitions make sense now. No matter where the men in green place, I have a feeling they're gonna be a crowd favorite in Indy. I cant't wait to see this show live. It may not be your traditional drum corps show, but #### did it make me smile.

I don't really know why people booed in Atlanta. I thought it was pretty clear that Devils outmarched and outplayed Crown. Both are good show in my opinion, but not great. I think most of it is that people just simply want to see someone else win, regardless of whether it is actually performed better or not.

• Like 1

I'll tell you what I'd like to see...Effect Music and Effect Visual completely disconnected from ensemble and performance. Completely. Just ONLY the effect. But I doubt the corps or the judges would ever let that happen. It's too ingrained, and in many minds, clean = effect.

worthy.gifworthy.gif

hmmm trying to understand , not be a smart xxx if performace isnt good then what kind of an effect is something...isnt that like giving credit for attempt?

Jersey Surf is getting a better crowd reaction than a handful of corps in the top 12. And a very large handful of corps currently placed above them. They should be rewarded for that, IMO. Leave judging how clean it is to the performance captions. Yes the actual performance can only help effect numbers. And yes some of the blaring brass players might detract from the effect score, but you also cannot base effect largely on how clean a show is. 2003 Phantom Regiment was not the cleanest show. But oh my was that show effective. I wasn't in the stands, but judging by the DVDs i'd say they had the best crowd reaction all night. Or further back in time, a show like SCV 92.... they didn't fare too well that year in placements, but don't tell me people didn't go ape #### for that show.

I think the judges shy away from letting themselves score as a fan would too much. These judges are probably some of DCIs biggest fans. Hell the GE music judge on the 06 DVD has some awesome comments and you can tell he was really enjoying himself. Especially during Phantom's show... I think something along the lines of "I think I need a cigarette!" And to that tape, it seemed like Phantom had much more effect on him then Cavies did. Except he mentioned one part where there wasn't as much clarity in the ensemble or something(shouldn't that be the music ensemble judges job?). During Cavies tape, it was basically a really clean run, and he couldn't pick out anything negative. You could tell he really enjoyed the show, but not as much as Phantom. Cavies got the higher score.e

Yes I know the judges can't score based just on the emotions, and how the show effected them personally... but sure as hell that should be some part of the reasoning behind their score.

All that said. Judges are taking a lot more risks this year it seems, especially early season. But as things shape up I'm starting to see some signs of "slotting" or corps just getting all their captions stuck around a placement range. Except for the top 8 or so in percussion. Those judges really don't give a #### what place the corps is going to finish, or what another judge thought the night before. Granted all the percussion sections are quite close, and there are a couple who are noticeably not achieving at the same level as some corps around them placement wise.

Wow, didn't mean to get into all that. But all my mind has been thinking about is moving out and into apartments for the past 3 days. It's nice to think about something else, lol.

And just an observation... they stopped putting the judges tapes on the finals DVDs when BD decided to start getting weird.